Landlord and cancelling a tenancy contract with 24 hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landlord and cancelling a tenancy contract with 24 hours

I am wanting to know if there is a 'cooling off' type period to withdraw on a contract such as a tenancy agreement.

I am the landlord and signed the tenancy agreement with the tenant yesterday afternoon and a situation has arisen, only this morning, where close family may be in need of the accommodation. I want to know if I am able to cancel the tenancy agreement and advise the tenant.

Thanks

No. Regular notification time frames apply.
    www.3888444.co.nz
    Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by rapaku View Post
      I am wanting to know if there is a 'cooling off' type period to withdraw on a contract such as a tenancy agreement.

I am the landlord and signed the tenancy agreement with the tenant yesterday afternoon and a situation has arisen, only this morning, where close family may be in need of the accommodation. I want to know if I am able to cancel the tenancy agreement and advise the tenant.

Thanks
      Hi - no as key says there isn't a cooling off period. If it were me though I would try to negotiate with the tenant. If you explain the situation to them they might be willing to cancel the tenancy (i.e. most people would prefer not to move in to a place if they are going to get 42 days notice almost immediately - assuming that periodic tenancy that is).

If it is a fixed term tenancy then you are probably more in the pleading/bribing realm unfortunately...

Comment

A cash incentive may help, too.
        Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

Thank you all for your time and feedback

Comment

Working...
          X