"Not enough hurt"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Not enough hurt"

Yesterday I had one of those moments where I was listing to an audio disk "double your income" and I had a realisation!

It doesn't hurt enough to be in the situation I am in, I am to comfortable and that is holding my investing back.

Has anyone been in this situation. How do you turn the gas burner up to ignite massive motivation and a consistant and constant will to create bucket loads of cash?

I feel that if i don't sort this out early, all i am going to get are average results.

Thoughts?

Cheers
    James

"Time is the great equalizer. It will either promote or expose you." -Jeff Olson

p.s. maybe this is a good blog topic!
    James

"Time is the great equalizer. It will either promote or expose you." -Jeff Olson

Comment

Hi James

I always find being MASSIVELY Geared scares the hell out of me and keeps me on my toes and producive. The scariness subsides after about 2 yrs when the investment settles down...and then I ask myself what made me so worried. Theres a word for it that Graham Fowler uses....starts with a "P"...basically....you stretch your limits and then your brain adjusts. The human brain is amazingly adaptable to stressful situations.

So my advice for getting some flame in your gut is....GO AND MAX OUT on a great property today!....not only will you be @#*ting yourself but so will your friendly bank manager!

Comment

Ha! A good title.
        Have you read “The Count of Monte Cristo”.
        If not, you will love it.
        Hardship transforms the man….
        and it has money and power and revenge.

Whats not to like?

Ps (He is a fake Count...even better.)

Comment

I'm doing this right now. Building & refinancing. Adding to the stress is the slow motion pace that happens over the holiday season. So, yes big adrenalin rushes. However I'm keeping sane by focusing on the big picture. Project is nearing completion which is an interesting time in itself.

Comment

Hey, Volatile,

I know exactly what you mean. Steve McKnight says the biggest barrier to living a great life is living a good life. Or words to that effect. He says it better.

I think a high salary can suck people in to complacency. That, coupled with a company sponsered super scheme, is creating a lot of inertia in people's lives - including me! It's hard to break out of that, but the rewards will be worth it.

You're already well on the way to overcoming that inertia, though, just by recognising it. Keep doing whatever it is that gets you inspired. Martin Hawes talks about defining exactly what your 'dream life' would be. Imagine it right down to the details, and work out how much money you'll need to have invested to make it happen. That's what you're working towards, and when the going gets tough, that's what inspires you to keep at it.

Go for it!

Comment

A book I read recently said the Govt Pension is only about $190.00 per week. What a scarey thought. I also keep a spreadsheet of my mortgage showing what a difference to the interest making even small extra payments can make. The thought of how much interest I would have to pay over the term if i just paid what the Bank asks for keeps me out of the shops and putting the money onto the mortgage instead.

Comment

Absolutely... pressure works for me. Otherwise, I find myself resting on my laurels and lacking motivation.
                You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

You guys are all SO right! We live in a complacent land where money and lifestyle is delivered on a silver platter, the government gives hand-outs to whoever has the time to fill in their forms for money, nothing is REALLY hard, so massive motivation isn't needed to survive.

I too had become very complacent, cruising along on auto-pilot, but still I was doing some work with a life coach who was planting a few seeds. One of those seeds that blossomed and TOTALLY transformed the way I think about life, money, goals, success, failure, other people and how we intereact with each other was Roger Hamilton's Wealth Dynamics Weekend.

I attended last year's WDW and it literally kick-started my life, I set BIG goals and have even passed them, with this year looking even better! Up until then I'd been drifting along in complacency-land, and after the weekend I came home with some amazing new connections, a way clearer understanding of where I'm going and who I am even.

Give yourself a big kick in the butt, but do it in a safe environment!!

Wishing you abundance,
                  Playachicken

Comment

When I get too comfortable, I let myself think about the things I want to do but not doing at the moment
                    - i.e. be a fly fishing guide and spend my time on the rivers finding trout.
                    - have some more animals
                    - develop new business idea

Things that I love but won't bring me an income.

So I just let my ideas run wild and that spurs me onto do more to take me towards it.

S

Comment

"No pain no gain!"

Comment

Its not just the comfort thing - is if you get too bored at work I find my brain is completely shutdown by the time I get home and I am only good at watching TV !
                        Lis:

Helping NZ authors get their books published

Comment

Too much TV

Just think what you could achieve if you used that 3 hours each night reading good books or planning for your future, instead of watching TV. If you consciously improve the standard of the books you read, and the number of mentors you can get alongside, it will really give you a jump start. Roger Hamilton is excellent. A good place to start is with his book 'Wink'.

Comment

Originally posted by Kay View Post
                            Just think what you could achieve if you used that 3 hours each night reading good books or planning for your future, instead of watching TV. If you consciously improve the standard of the books you read, and the number of mentors you can get alongside, it will really give you a jump start. Roger Hamilton is excellent. A good place to start is with his book 'Wink'.
                            Trouble is there are only so many such books you can read before you need to 'slob' for a while.

Balance in all things, I say.

cube
                            DFTBA

Comment

Originally posted by cube View Post
                              Trouble is there are only so many such books you can read before you need to 'slob' for a while.

Balance in all things, I say.

cube
                              Ive been having this problem

I think my brain has reached saturation point - so after talking to a few people - ive "put that book down" and started phoning people for appointments to see accountants (done), solicitor and brokers (next week), and asset planners.

Not easy - I love reading - but ive gone onto a fiction book to give my head a rest.

Comment

Working...
                              X