Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have any of you thought about due diligence on a deal like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have any of you thought about due diligence on a deal like this?

I've been browsing on Ebay tonight - I do it alot because I love houses!.

How many of you would be tempted to start doing due diligence on a property like this in the States?

Obviously there is a huge learning curve with taxes, finance, different property laws, but cashflow positive deals seem easy to find??

Thoughts?

Hi Erika

There is plenty of info about due diligence in regards to US properties here on PT a couple of members have made the leap. I believe the hardest part is getting a mortgage, any run a search you will find some interesting reading...

Cheers
    David
    New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

Comment

Hey Rueben ...

Let me know if you do find any good info on buying property in the US ... I've had a quick search but have not come up with much so far.

One site that has a little info (and I mean a little) is http://www.property-abroad.com/america/buyers-guide/

Cheers ... Dazzz

Comment

Hey Rueben ...

Another link which has a good story about buying in the US ... You may have already read it by now?

Cheers ... Dazzz

Comment

Hi Rueban

Try this site.

The person who has set it up bought property in NZ, sold them and took his profit and is buying up large in the States as well as sourcing property for investors.

You can also do a search on Steve McKnight's propertyinvesting site which has an overseas forum to it.

Regards
          "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

I was stateside in May and had a good look round in LA, Seattle, Reno also went to canada and would buy there before I bought in USA.

I really liked Calgary and saskatoon both had multiple large industries and great growth.

Lots of good reasons to invest.

Steve

Comment

Michael Anger of Property Birddogs in Canada (ex NZ) is over there at the moment and getting 16-25% returns. He knows both countries real estate laws, might be worth contacting him

His old email address is [email protected], but I think he is still answering it!

Comment

Originally posted by Stevegoodey View Post
                I was stateside in May and had a good look round in LA, Seattle, Reno also went to canada and would buy there before I bought in USA.

I really liked Calgary and saskatoon both had multiple large industries and great growth.

Lots of good reasons to invest.

Steve

Did you pick up anything while you were in Canada or the US?

Are you an intercontinental investor as yet?

All the best

Niall

Comment

Originally posted by rustica View Post
                  Michael Anger of Property Birddogs in Canada (ex NZ) is over there at the moment and getting 16-25% returns. He knows both countries real estate laws, might be worth contacting him

His old email address is [email protected], but I think he is still answering it!
                  I've actually just signed up on their website ... http://www.propertybirddogs.com ... to receive new deals that they have come along. Has anyone actually purchased property from Property Birddogs before?

Comment

Originally posted by Niall View Post
                    Did you pick up anything while you were in Canada or the US?

Are you an intercontinental investor as yet?

All the best

Niall
                    No sorry to say still only a local, but thats cool, I would still look/invest in Canada the place is booming.

Local state government in Alberta had a surplus in revenue last year and had to write a cheq out to all resedents of the state.

That's a market you want to be in....

Cheers

Steve

Comment

Working...
                    X