How international market forces affect NZ property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeffa View Post
    UBS is buying Credit Suisse for cents in the dollar with Swiss government changing the laws to go ahead without shareholders approval.. sounds communist.

Credit Suisse share price will likely fall -75% on this news, this will have ramifications in NZ.

The Biden administration has asked Warren Buffet to invest in the small regional banks to help calm investors and depositors fears, I highly doubt he will unless he gets a government guarantee the government will cover any losses, he doesn't want to end his legacy on one bad investment (small U.S Banks)

The RBNZ will be monitoring these outcomes which will dictate our interest rates and house prices.

Credit Suisse shares collapsed by 60% at around 9:05 a.m. London time (10pm nzt), while UBS traded 10% lower.

Comment

• It makes me laugh, the state sponsored mainstream media and financial media trying to find someone to blame for this banking crisis

It's simple

You raise interest rates on trillions and trillions of dollars in world debt, the walls start to crack, eventually it all comes collapsing down, trying to blame a couple of banks and one bank in Silicon Valley most people in America let alone the world had never heard of before for this mess is a fkn joke.

Comment

• As a growing business owner, without liquidity your growth is slower, have also noticed a lot of dishonest stuff starting to happen as credit drys up!

A month ago had 2 customers not pay me for work done and just had some gear stolen off a worksite. All this year, people don’t care about ripping anyone off now. Sign of the times
        Last edited by Frezzinghot; 21-03-2023, 12:59 AM.
        "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

• A month ago had 2 customers not pay me for work done and just had some gear stolen off a worksite. All this year, people don’t care about ripping anyone off now. Sign of the times
          What trade if you don’t mind me asking? City ?

Thanks
          Last edited by Perry; 21-03-2023, 06:34 PM. Reason: fixed quoted text

Comment

• Originally posted by Engineer View Post
            A month ago had 2 customers not pay me for work done and just had some gear stolen off a worksite. All this year, people don’t care about ripping anyone off now. Sign of the times
            What trade if you don’t mind me asking? City?
            Scaffolds. . .
            Last edited by Perry; 21-03-2023, 06:36 PM. Reason: fixed quoted text

Comment

• These guys are coming out now!

Comment

• All those trillions locked into low to zero rate bonds were always going be an issue once we seen inflation come about .. which was really fast tracked by COVID madness+mandates lockdowns etc ..

I see the markets up strongly overnight ... more DEBT to cover the debt issues

Comment

• Originally posted by JBM View Post
                  All those trillions locked into low to zero rate bonds were always going be an issue once we seen inflation come about .. which was really fast tracked by COVID madness+mandates lockdowns etc ..

I see the markets up strongly overnight ... more DEBT to cover the debt issues
                  Yeah I was growing my growth position towards the last quarter of 2022, I was warming on this thread things were going to turn to custard with the amount of rate hikes.

The Fed is likely to pivot as a recession looks likely, market pricing in rate cuts starting as early as June, this is good for high Growth stocks as debt becomes easier to service.

Comment

RBNZ and Federal reserve need to pause any rate hikes

An OCR hike by the RBNZ next month and the Fed this week will make no difference to inflation for another year.

They need to wait and watch what's happening with the other hundreds of US banks or thousands of international banks before any move in rates.

If another bank collapses, this will put panic and fear in the market leading to further bank runs,

All this is leading to deflation and what I have been saying for 2 years negative interest rates and the introduction of the CBDC.
                    I'm picking a pause from the Fed this week, and a wait and see approach, this could spook markets that the Fed sees something much worse than they are letting on...

Comment

• I've got some upward price movement on my properties in Auckland and Christchurch, not much, anything between 10 and 50k per property, first decent upward price movement for over a year I think, is anyone else seeing this?

Comment

I've got some upward price movement on my properties in Auckland and Christchurch, not much, anything between 10 and 50k per property, first decent upward price movement for over a year I think, is anyone else seeing this?
                        Where are you getting your data from Jeffa.

Comment

• Bank estimates

Comment

Bank estimates
                            Oh thought it was homes

Comment

I'm picking a pause from the Fed this week, and a wait and see approach, this could spook markets that the Fed sees something much worse than they are letting on...
                              What did the FED just do?
                              How are the old powers of precognition going at the moment?
                              Little fuzzy?

Comment

• Originally posted by McDuck View Post

What did the FED just do?
                                How are the old powers of precognition going at the moment?
                                Little fuzzy?
                                Good to see you keeping up Mcdee

-This rate hike means nothing today

-The effects won't be felt for another year of this.25 hike.

-Markets pricing in Fed will cut rates as early as June
                                Why will they cut rates?

Because the U.S is on route to a recession, the Fed has always cut rates in a recession.

Comment

Working...
                                X