No announcement yet.

How international market forces affect NZ property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha ha ha... this is only the beginning boys of the financial turmoil...get used to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffa View Post

If they import one hundred thousand tax slaves, I mean new productive highly skilled immigrants then yes.

Guess who's going to house them, this forcast is a foregone conclusion if a centre right government is elected in 13 months.

Soooo that’s a big noooo.... unless some corrupt entity enables them to!

Sounds like there’s no legit move, pulling a rope in 2 opposite directions.

Attempting to crush inflation by hiking rates or let hyperinflation play out, all for what? Covid.
      The economy is on its deathbed I think we all know that, will they kill society or the economy, or both?

Comment

• Are you guys preparing for something “similar” to the 2007/2008 crash? Or don’t see it playing out like that?

Comment

• Originally posted by adm View Post
          Are you guys preparing for something “similar” to the 2007/2008 crash? Or don’t see it playing out like that?
          I personally believe we are in the middle of it.

For me the markets bottomed out back in June and the housing market is about to bottom out if not already in places like Auckland and Wellington, others may have more to fall.

My Christchurch properties have already recovered.

The difference between today and 2008/9 is employment, you have to work harder to survive, homelessness like in 08/09 has increased.

The next dark clouds on the horizon is deflation.

I personally see all these as buying opportunities then like to laugh at people in years to come who blame capitalist and greed for missing out on these opportunities.

Should inflation not reverse, central banks will likely tank the economy on purpose, bond market is not seeing this..

.... for now
          Last edited by Jeffa; 18-09-2022, 10:38 AM.

Comment

I personally believe we are in the middle of it.

For me the markets bottomed out back in June and the housing market is about to bottom out if not already in places like Auckland and Wellington, others may have more to fall.

My Christchurch properties have already recovered.

The difference between today and 2008/9 is employment, you have to work harder to survive, homelessness like in 08/09 has increased.

The next dark clouds on the horizon is deflation.

I personally see all these as buying opportunities then like to laugh at people in years to come who blame capitalist and greed for missing out on these opportunities.

Should inflation not reverse, central banks will likely tank the economy on purpose, bond market is not seeing this..

.... for now
            The middle of it, but going to get worse before it gets better?

Do you think Jerome Powell’s statement of crushing inflation regardless of it causing pain are empty threats? If the current OCR hikes have only just plateaud inflation, surely more hikes are incoming if they’re adamant of 2% inflation, possibly lasting at least 1 year? If we’re already in a recession then when households refix at double their current rate then the economy is going to suffer even more.

I know you would have come to your opinion via statistics and experience though Jeffa, the pessimist in me definitely hopes you’re right!

Comment

• ^^ Rates are definitely going higher, it depends on your objectives and time frames , that should be your only concern.

- My share/equities/commodities have recovered to flat for 2022 YTD/ I'm no Wall Street investor but I've easily beaten the market by 18 to 30%.

- So I'm a little confused why business media is running around like it's the end of the world, what have they been investing in?

-My NZ real estate seems to have found a bottom,The seller's have left the market, the wannabe landlords are gone, GONE I TELLS YA!

-I don't care what my property portfolio is worth today or next year, I see my bull case of them tripling by 2030 and a base case of doubling in value.

-Investing in the US while the the dollar is strong and Kiwi weak is another protection against losses for me, I can't be the only one who thought 73c NZD to USD last October was a good buy, it's now 59c , that's a over 20% gains, and I'm no currency FX trader.

-When the Kiwi recovers, that's fine, because I'm using debt in USD to add...no ..build my sole empire of wealth.As the Kiwi recovers, the debt lowers from the US/NZD exchange rate.

I find investing easy or natural, buy low , sell high, have good cash flow and ignore the BS spewed by the media.

-
              Last edited by Jeffa; 21-09-2022, 10:55 AM.

Comment

-My NZ real estate seems to have found a bottom,The seller's have left the market, the wannabe landlords are gone, GONE I TELLS YA!

-I don't care what my property portfolio is worth today or next year, I see my bull case of them tripling by 2030 and a base case of doubling in value.

-
                In the middle of the plandemic, I questioned quite a few scenarios about just what was going on and how it would all affect my financial position. It turns out that all the schemes, money printing and general mismanagement that this government has put everyone through, has not been good for the salary and wage earner! I was one of those landlords thinking about selling up a rental or 2 and just living with no mortgage/debt and contemplating buying a flash Porsche or some other random toy. I’m now glad I decided to stay the coarse. If I truly believe in the future growth of my portfolio it will set me financially well. For me and my children.

An example of what I could have given away was a multi unit house that I just renovated, spent a few thousand bringing it up to a respectable state, after renovation it will bring in $910pw,(previous income was $800) the yield on this place is 9.1% after the rent increase. In hindsight I would have been raving mad to sell it, that coupled with the doubling or even tripling of values before the end of 2030 will be an outstanding result.

Lesson learnt, the sun will always rise another day, just be in a position to benefit from it. A longer approach is required, not a now reaction to outside influences. It can all be solved if thought through with a calm and rational mind. ( not easy when a government is messing with it through lies and propaganda)
                Last edited by Frezzinghot; 21-09-2022, 02:35 PM.
                "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

• The Kiwi nzd hit 58c USD today

Why?

The Fed's Quantitative tightening policy, the opposite of Quantitative easying or money printing.

So?

The less dollars or USD in the global economic system pushes up the cost of buying the USD dollar

And what?

Goods are purchased on the international markets in the dollar USD, like oil,grain, copper and commodities and paying off Sovereign debt.

What's that got to do with NZ or any other countries, we just buy more dollars don't we?

New Zealands and Oz is running out of tax revenue, Europe and China most likely in recession.

How will we buy more USD dollars to purchase commodities likely oil, medicines and other products & materials we need to be a wealthy first world country??

We have to print more and more NZD to buy the USD, which the Fed is removing from the market

Isn't this manipulation by the US fed, similar to the Oil cartels cutting back oil supply??

Yes.

Won't this push up house prices yet again?

I have already said my bull case for house prices will triple by 2030 in the main centers atleast.

How does the US benefit from countries printing then buying so much USD dollars?

It lands squarely in Wall Street and the US Sharemarket benefiting there economy and the most modern powerful war machine in history, should any country like China/Russia/North Korea and Iran decide to disagree.

How do you know all of this Jeffa?

Because Im not distracted by media or politicians talking crap...and it's the name of this thread.
                  Last edited by Jeffa; 21-09-2022, 09:59 PM.

Comment

How does the US benefit from countries printing then buying so much USD dollars?

It lands squarely in Wall Street and the US Sharemarket benefiting there economy and the most modern powerful war machine in history, should any country like China/Russia/North Korea and Iran decide to disagree.

With the American sharemarket down, it will always bounce back, so is the smart money on investing in blue chip American companies while holding NZ assets?
                    "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

The Kiwi nzd hit 58c USD today

Why?

The Fed's Quantitative tightening policy, the opposite of Quantitative easying or money printing.

So?

The less dollars or USD in the global economic system pushes up the cost of buying the USD dollar

And what?

Goods are purchased on the international markets in the dollar USD, like oil,grain, copper and commodities and paying off Sovereign debt.

What's that got to do with NZ or any other countries, we just buy more dollars don't we?

New Zealands and Oz is running out of tax revenue, Europe and China most likely in recession.

How will we buy more USD dollars to purchase commodities likely oil, medicines and other products & materials we need to be a wealthy first world country??

We have to print more and more NZD to buy the USD, which the Fed is removing from the market

Isn't this manipulation by the US fed, similar to the Oil cartels cutting back oil supply??

Yes.

I have already said my bull case for house prices will triple by 2030 in the main centers atleast.

Because Im not distracted by media or politicians talking crap...and it's the name of this thread.

Comment

....]
                        Ha. I've always considered that backwards.

The USD has been manipulated for the past 2 decades, and now its becoming real.

I don't understand why you can't see that.

It was you who gave me the clue to see how this all works.

Before that I couldn't understand why my high school economic teacher was wrong.

This is the new normal.

Not saying they won't flip flop.

My feeling is that you need the golden age of international cooperation and cheap slaves to make the global economy great again.

My feeling is that social media has changed the world.

Last edited by McDuck; 22-09-2022, 07:39 AM.

Comment

The Kiwi nzd hit 58c USD today

Why?

So?

And what?

Yes.

The New Zealand Dollar extended a 15-month downtrend against the U.S. Dollar this week, it appears headed for March 2020 lows ,

RBNZ will increase the OCR in October but our currency is too small to fight off the Feds tightening and stronger more expensive USD
                          Japan finance minister had to step in yesterday to save the Yen from falling further, they didn't explain how they did this.

As the Fed tightens further, pushing up the USD, it's great for our exports or like me if you own USD investments, not so much if you have government debt and need to import commodities and products from off shore paid in USD.

This is also why I believe we are in the middle of this market down turn, I still believe June of this year was the bottom.

2023 going to be a recovery year, if not a violent rebound as investors sitting on the sidelines during all the current noise are ready to flood back in the market.

Comment

•  

Comment

• History repeats or lesson's of the past.
                              There's a quick wink to the Irish debt crisis in this skit, there housing market crashed after the making of this clip 12 years ago!

NZD fell a further a whopping 1.7% last night to 57c U.S
                              Just remember we pay sovereign debt in USD.

Comment

Just remember we pay sovereign debt in USD.
                                Can you please clarify the above comment?

Does the above comment mean

1) NZ government issues government debt securities denominated in USD?

2) Or something else?

Comment

Working...
                                X