Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaky house

hello

I bought a townhouse few month ago however I realized that it is a leaky building.

It was subject to building report when I bought however nothing came up in building report. I was told I needed a special weather tightness report to identify the leak. I was not aware of that.

Do I have any rights ?

Originally posted by tjay83 View Post
    hello

I bought a townhouse few month ago however I realized that it is a leaky building.

It was subject to building report when I bought however nothing came up in building report. I was told I needed a special weather tightness report to identify the leak. I was not aware of that.

Do I have any rights ?
    The building report did not bring up that it was a leaky building? So what did you pay them to do?Mow the lawns? Sorry for your current situation but the building inspection company is liable don't you think.
    "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

How did you find it out? If you found it then the seller and the agent must have known it. Can be held liable, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexy View Post
        How did you find it out? If you found it then the seller and the agent must have known it. Can be held liable, I think.
        Not necessarily, you do not know all the facts from this post. The house could have been a few years old, as far as the vendors/agent are concerned there could be nothing wrong with it.

my point is if you pay a professional to investigate and validate your purchase, you’d expect them to bring up an issue.

especially one as big as a leaky home!
        "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

A well crafted Builders report will have disclaimers for weathertightness which to be fair they cannot determine on a visual inspection unless you get permission for that invassive inspection.

When was the townhouse built?

Is this a unit title with a body corporate?

How did you determine that this is a leaky

Comment

The building reports I’ve had done over the years all have had moisture readings and from that you can get a reasonable idea if further investigation is required- as mentioned ^^ .

Hard to believe you have found the leak but the previous owner didn’t. I’d take it further as you do have rights. Get the leak looked at by a professional and their expert opinion in writing on if it’s an existing leak etc.

Cheers

Donna

SEARCH PropertyTalk, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Working...
            X