• Show
Clear All

• joesanga
    replied
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• donna
    replied
    Or if not a bedroom a remote work space one of the tenants may need a home office. Might be worth an extra $50 a week if rooms too small for the working from home set up.

cheers
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• Frezzinghot
    replied
    Originally posted by joesanga View Post
    Mine is unfortuantely 100 sq.m.
    Not impossible but yes not ideal either.

Leave a comment:

• joesanga
    replied
    Mine is unfortuantely 100 sq.m.

Leave a comment:

• Frezzinghot
    replied
    Originally posted by joesanga View Post
    I definitely need to a build wall (and put a door in that wall to access the room ) to block off the lounge. Kitchen is too small to put in a small table/chairs.

The house is is not a modern new house. But the bathroom and kitchen has been updated and does not require a renovation.
    Yes, I am looking to increase a 3 bedroom townhouse to a 4 bedroom, it’s 142sqm so heaps of room available, you can increase the rental by $100pw doing this.

Leave a comment:

• joesanga
    replied
    I definitely need to a build wall (and put a door in that wall to access the room ) to block off the lounge. Kitchen is too small to put in a small table/chairs.

The house is is not a modern new house. But the bathroom and kitchen has been updated and does not require a renovation.

Leave a comment:

• hawkeye
    replied
    Yes. Most people don’t use a separate dining room anyway. Is it just a matter of staging with a bed or do you need to build a wall to shut off an open plan dining area? If the latter and it is a modern house probably not but if it is just a matter of putting a bed in it then tenants will use it how they want anyway. Ours never seem to use the second living room as a living room and always make it a bedroom. Then they turn the small bedroom into a study or tv room.

Can you put a small table in the kitchen?

Leave a comment:

• joesanga
    started a topic Converting a dining room to a single room

Converting a dining room to a single room

Hi there,

I am looking at a 3 bed property in Hamilton to be purchased as an IP. Is it worth converting the dining room to a single room so that it would then attract the rental of a 4 beddy house to improve my cashflow? Or will this turn off prospective tentants as it won't have a big dining.

The lounge is large enough to put in a table and chairs in addition to couches.

Thanks.
Working...
X