X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup.
    I agree with your agreement.
    It's a lot of factors.

Immigration will always be the main one.
    It's the only way you can get thousands of people to instantly appear, ready to take up houses.

Money supply (in the form of debt) is the second one.
    It's the only way you can bring years worth of future earnings into this present moment, to pay the high price of the houses.
    And it's the tool Ma and Pa Speculators use to Phreak the system.

The other three, physical buildings and infrastructure and birth rate take ages.
    So aren't the factors to try and fiddle with.

MBIE need such a good kicking up the behind for their past short sighted and reckless behavior.
    I'd love to know the names and faces of those bureaucrats responsible.
    Last edited by McDuck; 03-05-2021, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanya View Post

I agree with both of you.

Data from April could indicate some market cooling, but is that causally linked to policy, seasonality, affordability, supply? Hard to say.
      Definitely policy, landlords will be feeling uneasy about what it all means, those that have been in the game 15-20yrs, meh.
      "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

Originally posted by Frezzinghot View Post

Definitely policy, landlords will be feeling uneasy about what it all means, those that have been in the game 15-20yrs, meh.
        I’m on the look for another property, have just got pre approval but haven’t been out to see agents yet to guage word on the street, which is where the real market is and not speculation on what we think is happening. I will report findings forthwith.
        "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

When are they clarifying the new build start date for interest deducibility ?

Lets say you have a portfolio with income taxed at 39%

you could have bought a sub dividable property worth $1M with 2.5% yield.

Prior to interest deducibility, this would been ideal to develop and build rentals

Now have to develop first and build new to qualify for interest deducibility ( need to generate income)

Comment

Working...
          X