X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asking prices still rising

Let me show you my shocked face
    https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/money...soc3:newshubfb

Oh so adding taxes doesn’t actually bring house prices down after all?? I’m truly amazed.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeye View Post
      Oh so adding taxes doesn’t actually bring house prices down after all?? I’m truly amazed.
      What taxes were added?

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeye View Post
        Shocked, even. Oh no - it just can't be so.

I was more or less getting at such things in this post.

The joys of living under a racist, socio-commie gummint.
        Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Trade Me Property sales director Gavin Lloyd

Demand outstripping supply is a significant factor pushing prices up. Nationwide in March, demand was up 26 percent year-on-year, while supply fell 9 percent.

As we have seen consistently over the past few months, demand outweighed supply in March, putting pressure on the market and resulting in ongoing price increases.

Interesting.

Source: https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/money...hs-supply.html

Comment

Don't fret. The socio-commie cowgirls will soon ride over the hills and deliver us all from such evil.
            Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

Originally posted by crashy
              they also created IMMEDIATE demand, but delayed supply
              https://www.propertytalk.com/forum/f...say#post725058

Comment

So these stats are from March prior to the new regulations/changes

I would not pay any attention as generally Feb/Mar are the months where prices overshoot.

Give it at least 3-6 months

Comment

Ask and get ain't the same.

Comment

Now falling...

https://www.interest.co.nz/property/...esting-cooling

Comment

Originally posted by wodger View Post
                      Now rising...

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/money...ouncement.html

Comment

Seems more or less flat, within a small margin of error.
                        Trend is down.

Comment

Some of the related stories have quite a twist to the socio-commies variance between their words and actions. The W'gton woodenheads are truly are a foetid bag of conniving, lying sods.

Originally posted by Newshub
                          New Zealand house prices continued to rise in April, despite market concerns following the Government's housing announcement.
                          Shock! Horror! Oh, no, it can't be so, they say as they get out their crocodile tear hankies.

The Government unveiled a raft of new measures in March which were designed to make it easier for first-home buyers to get onto the property ladder and crackdown on investors.
                          Absolute BS! The new measures were totally anti-business and pro-increase-tax-take related. Nothing at all to do with assisting first home buyers. And to rub salt into the wounds . . .

Government buys hundreds of houses in direct competition with first-home buyers
                          28 April 2021
                          The Government has been buying up hundreds of houses to turn into state homes, directly competing with first-home buyers in our cooked housing market. Since 2017, the Government has bought - rather than built - 1054 houses.
                          Ooops. Caught with several feet in many mouths and lots of hands-in-the-till. AGAIN. (The stats cover a spread of years, though.)

"The Government likes to demonise property investors for outbidding first-home buyers. It turns out the Government is one of the biggest property investors of them all," says National's housing spokesperson Nicola Willis.
                          Biggest hypocrite, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry;n725722
                            Originally posted by [B
                            Newshub[/B]
                            New Zealand house prices continued to rise in April, despite market concerns following the Government's housing announcement.
                            Possibly quite a bit of residual momentum in the market.
                            Kind of like how an oil tanker keeps moving forward, long, long after the engines have been thrown into reverse.
                            I guess the picture will become clearer in the next few weeks.

If not, the RESERVE BANK will probably want DTI's

Maybe that's why they cut the income channel first, so the next step would be more effective.
                            Last edited by McDuck; 03-05-2021, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X