Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling PPOR, should I stage it and should I invest in some new vanity;s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling PPOR, should I stage it and should I invest in some new vanity;s?

We just looking to get out as we want to upgrade locally. Its not an ideal house for rental otherwise Id keep it.

Anyway, curious whether I should stage it when selling? I think our couches are the main issue. We have linen bought from the hotel linen company for this purpose. Everything in the house is modern including brand new carpet, a new expensive kitchen with motorised touch sensor drawers etc and a gorgeous marble counter top and large island. The solid wood floors could do with a new polyurethane coat due to a dog, but its not essential. The batheroom vanities are the weak points. And the sinks are too small. They went for double sinks in the main bathroom but they too small. Want something floating that has one ultra large sink while keeping the existing tap work on top of the floating vanity, or just 2 extra large sinks. Also Id like a new mirror, a fixed one with the LED lighting so you see everything clearly. Will likely leave the fan and heat lamps as they are, although new quad lamps are cheap.... Where should I go for some nice modern bathrooms?

Something on a fixing idea, I have an ally panel single garage door, unfortunately my neihgbour had reverse into it leaving various inmprints. Im not sure how to push them out as when you push on them from the inside the whole door moves, hard to isolate the issue. Can this be fixed, even if by some kind of panel beater, or would it be cheaper just replace the door?

Hi On the Move I'd look at Lenox Bathrooms vs Trade Depot better quality IMHO. As for the Garage Door try a plunger to suck the dents out if that doesn't work try your local Demo yards for a good 2nd hand one.
    Kaye
    www.streetsaheadpm.co.nz

Comment

Originally posted by Kaye View Post
      Hi On the Move I'd look at Lenox Bathrooms vs Trade Depot better quality IMHO. As for the Garage Door try a plunger to suck the dents out if that doesn't work try your local Demo yards for a good 2nd hand one.
      Thanks for that, you can get those mini screw type plungers that are used for taking dents out of laptops etc, that might work. I should look up the brand, its only 13 years old and Im not sure how hard it will be to find a Demo'd one that works with this particular rail system, it doesnt fold up, I think its about 4 or 5 sections, its a brown wood ally looking finish, they all slide up and in the rail, but because of the dents it makes crackling noise now haha.

Thanks for the tip on the Lennox, will look into their catalogues.

Im not sure whether to sell or hold, next year is a hard one to pick. Ideally we want to sell and buy locally something a bit more suitable, possibly something that has room to make money on renovation. This property I got for well below market value (estimated of course) as Vendors were highly motivated (bought new house and new job in new city and were about to move so low balled them at the end of Aucklands 4 year flat line 2017-2020). But if prices are going to continue going up Id rather wait for a new home and just ride this ones capital gains out. Very hard of course, nobody has a crystal ball, but I do wonder if the new CGT and Tax implications will slow the roll on the current up cycle. In saying that, Auckland was only city to lose 14% at end of 2016, i expected it to ripple on to other cities but hasnt, then we had 4 years of up and down quarterly changes but essentially a flat line. So I think Auckland comparatively still has a lot of CG left, I look at Tauranga, Wellington, Dunedin and Auckland given the income opportunities is still not at a ratio higher than the others that it should be.

Comment

This Vanity is the style Im after, Im just wondering if our taps are in the right place, surely wont be too hard for a plumber to move? What waterworks is a home owner allowed to themselves?

Note the mirrors above, this is similar to what Im after, snug against the wall with LED lighting.

Wall hung coffee colour bathroom Vanity Cabinet + Ceramic Basin 1500mm double drawers and 4 doors Change the look of your bathroom with this new bathroom ful...

Comment

RE moving taps that's question best answered by your Plumber depends on a few variables. The listing doesn't say taps are included in the vanity price. Nice Mirror I'd pop into one of their branches and see what it looks like in person.

I wish I had a Crystal Ball too no idea what way the Market's going to go crash or remain steady.
          Kaye
          www.streetsaheadpm.co.nz

Comment

Hi OnTheMove,

In my humble opinion - I think you should get your PPOR staged - especially if you're not that discerning about interiors.

Most of us are happy with 'our stuff' but homebuyers want to envision your home as theirs, so staging it like what you see in home style magazine does the trick.

Homebuyers viewing a staged property don't see it as someone's home - they see it as a home for sale.

Also, get it cleaned - brighten the walls with sugar soap - it's amazing. Wash the windows etc. Ideally, you'd put a fresh coat of paint everywhere and you do make it a shade of white.

It may seem like a lot of hassle especially when houses are selling well but it's time well spent to get max. sale price.

cheers,

Donna
            Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Working...
            X