Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone refer a reliable ASSESSMENT company for Healthy homes in Auckland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone refer a reliable ASSESSMENT company for Healthy homes in Auckland?

Hi, I wonder could someone kindly recommend an Accountable assessment company for Healthy homes standards compliance in Auckland region? I tried one, and their report had many mistakes that will leave the loopholes for the tenants to challege me in the future. It seems nowadays ANYONE can set up a company and self claim they can do this assessement but actually some of them do NOT know the compliance rules accurately! So I would better to find a truly accountable assessment company that can do a decent assessement and avoid me from any challenge from the tenant. Thank you a lot!

Sorry i cant help, but i am interested in your experience, could you give more details of the holes they left.
    Sounds like another wild west gravy train of so-called consultants like we got with OSH/ WHS or P.
    Next thing you know there will be requirements for assessors to be licensed, along with the required registration fee of course.
    Food.Gems.ILS

Comment

Hi, Keith, thanks for your opinion. That company did not check nor take the photos of the gutters on roof in the aspect of drainage standard check, they even did not notice there is a high and big basement where they need to check the insulation and moisture barrier. They just concluded it as “underfloor is exemption for insulation”. Etc. 

Comment

^^ Just thought I'd point you to another topic on HH. There is no mention of who can do the assessment and cert.

Sustain Trust - are all over the insulation and other HH work and they're doing the assessments and giving out a certification - however they are WGN based. I wonder if you should call them - as they may know a good provider in AKL. sustaintrust.org.nz

cheers,

Donna
        SEARCH PropertyTalk, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Why not just do your own HH assessments ? As long as you have the basics covered, insulation, heating, fans ect, the rest is pretty simple. The first one takes a while, but you can get pretty quick at it.
          Last edited by Engineer; 24-04-2021, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Two companies our PMs have used:

GForce - Healthy Homes Standard (gforce.nz)

Smart Energy Solutions - NZ's Home Insulation, Heat Pump, Ventilation and Energy Efficiency Experts | Smart Energy Solutions

Both gave reasonable reports fairly quickly and quoted for any required changes.
            The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
              ^^ Just thought I'd point you to another topic on HH. There is no mention of who can do the assessment and cert.

Sustain Trust - are all over the insulation and other HH work and they're doing the assessments and giving out a certification - however they are WGN based. I wonder if you should call them - as they may know a good provider in AKL. sustaintrust.org.nz

cheers,

Donna
              Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by PC View Post
                Two companies our PMs have used:

GForce - Healthy Homes Standard (gforce.nz)

Smart Energy Solutions - NZ's Home Insulation, Heat Pump, Ventilation and Energy Efficiency Experts | Smart Energy Solutions

Both gave reasonable reports fairly quickly and quoted for any required changes.
                Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Engineer View Post
                  Why not just do your own HH assessments ? As long as you have the basics covered, insulation, heating, fans ect, the rest is pretty simple. The first one takes a while, but you can get pretty quick at it.
                  Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                  X