Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilligaf Church

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/h...r-church-owner

Hoping to avoid paying rates and use the property as a residence to get income, Gill said he had formed his own church and would register it as a charity. The name Dilligaf Church is now painted at the front, beneath a statue of a gnome making a defiant gesture.

The word Dilligaf appears in a song by Australian comedian and singer Kevin Bloody Wilson as an acronym for “does it look like I give a f...?”

“I’ve had to start up my own church as the only way around the law,” Gill said.

“The good man up there ... says that I am allowed to sleep in my dwelling if I want to.”

The new Messiah!
    Where can we sign up?
    The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

I love the times we live in - it's always someone elses fault. The RE did the wrong thing... why should I pay to fix it.

No reference to the RE said it was residential, i did the wrong thing by not checking properly before I paid for it so I'm stuck with it.

But I do like the start a religion thing... McDuck and Jeffa you two should put your heads and think about replicating that idea!

Comment

"it's not for the customer to do due diligence"

Right. He knows the words but not what they mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
        I

But I do like the start a religion thing... McDuck and Jeffa you two should put your heads and think about replicating that idea!
        I'm on board..what about you McDuck?

Comment

No way!
          The steering of a person's soul is a heavy responsibility.

Re the practical matter:

As entertaining as it is, to look for loopholes around the law,
          I'm a firm believer that where possible:
          You should stick to the letter and the spirit of the law.

As for who's responsible for disclosing use restrictions on a property...
          That's for the judge to decide.

My feeling is that:
          The Agent has a direct responsibility under new laws, to disclose issues.
          But it seems pretty obvious, from the unusual nature of the building, that due diligence was in order.

My only other observation about spirituality:

It was educational to have Maori spirituality explained to me by a Kaumātua.
          It was nice to feel the trees and the stones and the rivers flowing through me as they spoke.
          Like some sort of deep ancient Viking magic.

Comment

Working...
          X