Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abandoned Homes

Hi everyone,

I've been looking around the area in which I llive in. I have come across a couple of houses that have been empty for some time. One has been empty since I moved here which was three years ago. We asked the neighbours in the area if they knew who owned it, they said "they didn't know, but had told us that it has been empty since they moved in". Anyway just wanted to know how do you find the owners?.

Perhaps you could try going into the council and see if they will tell you who the rates bill is being sent to
    ...not sure what the deal with confidentiality issues is here. I know the council is always pretty happy to give such info to my lawyer.

Comment

QV-online will tell you the name of the owners for a small fee.
      DFTBA

Comment

Cube - will QV aso give you address/contact details of new owner? Otherwise it might be hard to find owners if overseas or in another town etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MareeM
          Cube - will QV aso give you address/contact details of new owner? Otherwise it might be hard to find owners if overseas or in another town etc.
          I access the valuation via Baycorp. This gives both the owner and their address. (providing it is not one of the confidential owners). This is actually QV. There is also access to more information in QV via off shore ports. Stupid isnt it.

Comment

Glenn - how do you go about getting this info from Baycorp?
            ...I tried cruising around the Baycorp website but got completely lost! I'm assuming there's some link and a fee to pay??

Comment

You have to be customer. You get the annual fee discounted to zero if you are a member of your local PIA.
              The access to QV is something like $2 or $3.
              Here are the commands.
              Suscriber access
              New Zealand log on
              Property Reports
              Property Valuation Roll.

I was a bit sceptical at first when a credit controler friend at a major firm in Nelson told me. I made him show me and sure enough it comes up.
              I find it laughable to find all those shinny bums in Wellington keep saying to the masses that this information is not available. If you pay enough and ask the right source you can get any information you want.
              I have been told the addresses and names were taken off the valuation roll that councils have on their public counter because of alledged abuse by real estate agents using the rolls for marketing.
              Now the agents have even more information readily available at their fingertips than they did when the rolls were there for everyone to use.
              I did try and sneak into the Australian based access of QV but could not figure out how to do it. I think this is the port that agents use.
              Does anyone know how to do this?

Comment

Thank you for all your helpful info!!

Comment

Agreed map61! Useful info indeed and much appreciated Glenn. I had NO IDEA that Baycorp owned QV, bit its good to knw these things.

...what is it about these Nelson people - all so helpful!

Cheers

Comment

QV discount scheme?

Originally posted by Glenn
                    You have to be customer. You get the annual fee discounted to zero if you are a member of your local PIA.
                    Hi Glenn, I sent QV an email. They said: "In answer to your question we do not have a discount scheme for being a member of a property investors association."

It seems that one has to pay a monthly fee of $30 to be a subscriber. Are you all subscribers??
                    Cheers
                    Mary
                    Mary Jaksch, Nelson

Comment

Goodness this must be a lesson to me be more clear about what I write. You folks have extrapolated what I have said to mean something else.
                      By being a member of your local PIA you can become a customer of Baycorp not QV.
                      Baycorp do not own QV. (to the best of my knowledge) They access QV as they do several other data bases and on charge these to their own (baycorp) customers. Other data bases that are very handy are the motor vehicle people and NZ Post.
                      The other on line data bases that are very handy the Companies Office, Terranet, and I understand Landonline is very good.
                      I have dipped my big toe into Landlonline but not logged on.
                      Do any of you use it and is it as good as people tell me?

Terranet and QV are both accessable by paying with your credit card. Not sure about Landonline.
                      The Companies office is mostly free but some other services are paid by credit card.
                      What I would like to see is net access to the electorial rolls. It is possible to buy local rolls for about $50 a book. I must save up some time and buy one or two.

Comment

Working...
                      X