Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling it Myself, no agent

Hi everyone,

I am selling 2 investment flats in Grey Lynn, Auckland. I just cant bring myself to pay real estate agents commission at circa $60k so Im trying to sell them myself. I have had them listed 5 days on TradeMe but am wondering what other media to use. I hear there are a some good Facebook pages but the ones i have seen don't want listings posted on them. Any other hints on how to home sell?

Hi DudleyBoys,

We have a CE forum where you can 'sell' property related stuff. You've not got enough posts yet to add links but we can edit the link for you so it's a hyperlink to your TradeMe listing. The Caveat Emptor forum is a free service for our members.

See search results for PropertyTalk for 'private sale'

cheers,

Donna
    SEARCH PropertyTalk, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Private seller

That's fantastic Donna. My friend is testing her skills to do self-sell over summer and she would be keen to know that. Thank you.

Comment

last house i sold the agent charged $12000 plus gst

Comment

The last time we bought privately was off a guy who didn't like real estate agents and couldn't bear the thought of paying commission. He thought he know how much his property was worth. The market was booming along and so he put what he thought was a high price on it. We negotiated a bit, then in the end agreed to his price. He was over the moon. Three weeks after settlement, with the house staged (no other work was required, not even cleaning), we sold it on for $50k more than we paid. That would have covered a lot of commission.

Comment

You got lucky - the guy didn't do his homework.

Comment

Originally posted by erinak View Post
              You got lucky - the guy didn't do his homework.
              the last half dozen houses we'be bought have been private deals... the vendor wanting to save agent fees. In almost all cases we've agreed a price then shared the agent saving cost which effectively reduced the house price further...

in each case we have paid well under what comparable houses might have sold for with a proper well managed marketing campaign.

the most recent - last week with a saving of around $50k vs. what the open market would likley have achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by jmacdon View Post
                The last time we bought privately was off a guy who didn't like real estate agents and couldn't bear the thought of paying commission. He thought he know how much his property was worth. The market was booming along and so he put what he thought was a high price on it. We negotiated a bit, then in the end agreed to his price. He was over the moon. Three weeks after settlement, with the house staged (no other work was required, not even cleaning), we sold it on for $50k more than we paid. That would have covered a lot of commission.
                Less tax, which of course you paid.

Comment

Yes, less income tax on the profit, which we must pay, being established property traders. Also GST registered so claimed GST on purchase price and costs, then paid GST back to IRD on sale price.

Comment

Working...
                  X