Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woodburner healthy homes question.

Hello.

Renting my home atm. Has a Fisher Marlborough woodburner installed in 1986. 12kw max heat output so exceeds required heating of new requirements. But, there seems to be a need for woodburners to meet the National Emissions Standard also. There is a list of 'authorised woodburners' that meet this requirement but doesn't include older burners. However, the National emissions standard website on authorized burners seems to state that the standards only apply to burners installed since 2005?. My question is basically will my woodburner be ok under healthy homes?.. having a little discussion with property manager who doesn't really know (we have had professional report done on house but they haven't got back to me yet about what they think).

Check with your Local Council but I think you will need to replace the fire to be compliant with Clean Air requirements given the age of it.
    Kaye
    www.streetsaheadpm.co.nz

Comment

Originally posted by Kaye View Post
      Check with your Local Council but I think you will need to replace the fire to be compliant with Clean Air requirements given the age of it.
      i dont think that you have to replace existing fires

Comment

Down here in CHC can't use any Log burner older than 10y/o now thanks to ECan
        Kaye
        www.streetsaheadpm.co.nz

Comment

Originally posted by jimO View Post
          i dont think that you have to replace existing fires
          In Rotorua you do if it's old or not compliant

Comment

Working...
          X