Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to convert cross lease to free hold without neightbour consent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any way to convert cross lease to free hold without neightbour consent?

Another cross lease dilemma.

I have a brilliant property Im trying to get over the line, but one of the major appeals is a loft extension giving unobstructed views. It would not block any other homes view (as they are all double story and have clear views).

Problem is the owners I dont think live in NZ. If I cannot contact them. Am I sh.. out of luck or is there a way to make a major alteration without consent?

Also is there a way to convert to freehold without consent?

I realise this is more a legal question so I may not get an answer on here, but we do have some property Jedi's on here who may know, if so please help?

Originally posted by OnTheMove View Post
    Another cross lease dilemma.

I have a brilliant property Im trying to get over the line, but one of the major appeals is a loft extension giving unobstructed views. It would not block any other homes view (as they are all double story and have clear views).

Problem is the owners I dont think live in NZ. If I cannot contact them. Am I sh.. out of luck or is there a way to make a major alteration without consent?

Also is there a way to convert to freehold without consent?

I realise this is more a legal question so I may not get an answer on here, but we do have some property Jedi's on here who may know, if so please help?
    if the owner is overseas then just do the alteration? It wont change the footprint so will not be caught by title issues?

you might be able to seek court order for the change in title but first have to be refused by neighbor?
    Last edited by John the builder; 21-12-2019, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X