Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My end game property, where in far north, safe, good access to water, affordable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My end game property, where in far north, safe, good access to water, affordable?

Im about 10 years away from a permanent semi retirement but I plan to run my skippers in a small charter boat.

The 2 areas Im considering are Whangarei Heads/Tutukaka and KeriKeri.

Affordable for me is about $300-400k good size block of land, if possible views, if in KeriKeri, safe area.

Should I buy now and run as Holiday Home rental. Or should I wait until I am ready to move in and appreciate owning a new home not lived in?

I think KeriKeri has a lot going for it, its very gentrified, lovely markets and produce near by, I just dont know what is a good area that is affordable there?

Tutukaka it seems everywhere is pretty good, although Im not so sure about Matapouri bay, but I will need ramp acccess or morring anyway.

Any tips appreciated.

Originally posted by OnTheMove View Post
    Should I buy now and run as Holiday Home rental. Or should I wait until I am ready to move in and appreciate owning a new home not lived in?
    Financially I would had thought it better to buy now than in 10 years time when prices are higher, plus you will have the income from the Holiday home. But it's largely a personal choice if you don't like having people living in your home before you.
    Profiting from Property, not People

Want free help on taking your portfolio to the next level?

Comment

Probably not enough $$ for Kerikeri now, let alone in 10 years. Though if things turn to custard by then you might be ok.

Did a quick search on Trade Me to confirm my assumption and it was correct - I got one listing.

cheers,

Donna
      Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Depends how you are funding that purchase.

If you need to sell properties in cities like Auckland or Hamilton to fund it, then I would personally sell 10 years later, then buy the future retirement home in Whangarei Heads/Tutukaka or KeriKeri.

10 years later, property prices in Auckland & Hamilton would have doubled again, but not sure about
        Whangarei Heads/Tutukaka or KeriKeri.
        Gary Lin Property Coaching
        www.Garylin.co
        https://www.facebook.com/RealGaryLin/

Comment

As one who is about to sell a property in Whangarei I would personally wait until ready to retire up there. We are actively looking coastal and are 3 years away from retirement.
          On that note anyone looking for a 4 beddie, 2 bathroom 178 m2 family home on 435m2 in Kensington down a private row with 3 other owner occupied homes message me. Built it 11 years ago, great neighbours suit and executive family or professional couple.

Comment

Been day dreaming about the end game. Oakura Bay, Northland. Is my dream, but I don't think the Mrs would wear it.

But why retire at all?, we acquire more and more experience with age! Stick with your knitting, and don't pass up more opportunities into the future.

Comment

Kerikeri is a very popular retirement place for the middle-class - similar to Taupo or Havelock North.

Comment

Working...
              X