Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof replacement query

Hi There,

If I was promised verbally during the whole roof replacement quote process that they make sure that house is going to be weathertight everyday and if there were leaks 2 times due to things missed, would you expect a compensation or price concession from roofers?

Just throwing a post to see if anyone has any experience.

Many Thanks for sharing experiences.

Not a problem. Pop them a copy of your agreement regarding the leeks and I'm sure you will get compensation.

www.3888444.co.nz
    Facebook Page

Comment

Was there much water damage as I suspect they would only cover the damage.

Comment

It depends how to prove your points about the verbal agreement. If you have a counter signed note about the quoted work, you may claim remedy defects and compensation for damage like paint work.
        No contract - no claim, but based on a fully paid bill you could request remedy work for substandard work or poor workmanship.

Comment

A verbal promise means you can expect a verbal 'sorry' if things go wrong.

Comment

a matter of "all care and no responsibility"?

Comment

I'm interested in this thread as we're getting our roof replaced early next year as part of a reno, so I'm keen on how you get the weather tightness assurance locked in with either builder or roofer. Maybe it's best to use that shrink wrapping stuff - has anyone used it? We are extending, plus replacing cladding etc.

cheers,

Donna
              Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Thank you all for your replies. Really appreciated! I think that I got the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
                  I'm interested in this thread as we're getting our roof replaced early next year as part of a reno, so I'm keen on how you get the weather tightness assurance locked in with either builder or roofer. Maybe it's best to use that shrink wrapping stuff - has anyone used it? We are extending, plus replacing cladding etc.

cheers,

Donna
                  you could be in for 20k and perhaps extra scffold charges..

consider saving that $$$ and assume some of builders risk?

Comment

Working...
                  X