Problems with Auckland City Council Valuation Objection Online Form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Auckland City Council Valuation Objection Online Form

Is anyone having a problem objecting to the new 2017 Auckland valuations ?
    When I am putting in the valuation number it comes up with a error ...tried it on two properties so far both errors
    ps Should you only use the number or the - and alpha too ?

Answering my own question:

Spoke to the Council person
    Neither of us could make the form work online suggestion is mail the form in

ps if anyone has a solution please post

Comment

Typically, that system may not be quite ready yet and their it team is still working on the ratings pages....try again tomorrow, next week etc
      have you defeated them?
      your demons

Comment

This is no doubt a silly question : why am I hearing from so many people that are upset the council has undervalued their homes?

The council valuation is purely a number they use to base how much your rates will be. The council isn't using their valuation as a possible offer to buy it from you.

Comment

I am wanting to reduce the Capital Value as it is too high
          Just a rough estimate the overpayment of rates will be $24k additional cost to me if I don't correct the number

Comment

Hi Beano, just normal council stuff I assume.

Put out a website service without testing it. Wait for the public to test it and complain, otherwise assume it's OK.

I don't imagine the very best of website developers decide to go and work at the council haha.
            Squadly dinky do!

Comment

My revaluations were pretty much spot on where my own value-tracking had them.

Originally posted by mrsym0r View Post
              This is no doubt a silly question : why am I hearing from so many people that are upset the council has undervalued their homes?

The council valuation is purely a number they use to base how much your rates will be. The council isn't using their valuation as a possible offer to buy it from you.
              Wasn't compensation for the Christchurch Earthquake based on CV in some cases?
              DFTBA

Comment

Haha ouch good luck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cube View Post
                  My revaluations were pretty much spot on where my own value-tracking had them.

Wasn't compensation for the Christchurch Earthquake based on CV in some cases?
                  I don't know about but my CV's are fully supported by registered valuers valuations.

Comment

Originally posted by Beano View Post

Hi Beano

i had a similar problem entering an objection for a client but found if I entered part of the objection and saved it one or twice before completing all the information it worked.

There is a view details selection and a continue selection so possibly you were in view details and information wasn't saved.

Cheers

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Beano View Post

Also enter the complete Valuation number.

Comment

Working...
                      X