Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home and Income / Granny add Stove/Gas cooking

Hi Guys,

I got a Home and Income it shows below on council file and on LIM has full CCC for the bottom second dwelling. (built in 2010)

Description of improvements: DWG FLAT OI
    Land use: Multi-unit

Under the main house it has a separate dwelling (2 bed room unit). The unit has its own street address and letterboxes. But the power and water are attached through the main house. (It shares water and power with the main house) The unit has its own bathroom, dinning/living and "Kitchen".

The "Kitchen" has full bench top and sink. But no cooking or rangehood.

I hope someone could help and answer some questions that would be much appreciated!

1. I assume it is easy to tell this is legal Home and Income the question is how to add cooking facility easily to enable easy/legal rent it out?

2. Can I just add a free standing stove unit and install a rangehood? Do I need consent for that?

3. If the power setup of the unit limits/not suitable for stove. What would be the other option? Install rangehood and gas cooktop/potable gas cooking?

Thanks for reading and answering my questions.

Cheers
    Jack

Last edited by Perry; 31-08-2017, 10:20 AM.

Originally posted by BigJack View Post

2. Can I just add a free standing stove unit and install a rangehood? Do I need consent for that?

3. If the power setup of the unit limits/not suitable for stove. What would be the other option? Install rangehood and gas cooktop/potable gas cooking?
    You do not need consent to install a stove. A gas oven may be an option, however they require quite a lot of installation, i.e external gas bottle and lines run etc. Portable gas cookers should not be used inside.

Comment

Working...
    X