Where is all the money going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is all the money going?

I threw together this graph, the lending seems to be stuttering, up down, up down for the past few months. The investor loans have dropped off substantially.

Looking at the split last June compared to this June.

Hamish Patel | ph: 09 625 4693 | mob: 021 625 693
    My Website
    Be informed - register for our free monthly newsletter

Would be interested to see total combined lending in a separate graph. Looks like 1 billion less lending comparing to while back..

Comment

My Website

Comment

Maybe the banks are getting a bit via TDs? Our local credit union was pushing a great six-monthly rate, a little while back.

Comment

Must be a fall in rates due. Banks survive on lending. If the volume goes down so so the earnings and commissions. Keeping a floating for a week or so. See what happens.

Comment

Question would be : Can our economy pay off borrowings of 4 billion in 2014 to 7.5 billion 2016? Now this is 5 billion. (2.5 billion Drop in lending over a year) Inflation was boosted by construction boom and was still pretty low inflation over the years. With less construction and low crude oil price, inflation will be going into negative territory soon. Builders that I know are already looking for work. Seen some seriously desperate real estate agents which is clearly explained by 2.5 billion drop of lending over a year. However banks would still keep high margins to protect their interest rates as usual.

Comment

You don't see small local players charging lower rates than the big boys tho. Something about being a for profit business. The banks know they have a captive audience.
              Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

So the five billion in new lending was just in the month of June which was a slow month.
                My Website

Comment

Out with the tide.

Comment

Working...
                  X