Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auckland building costs

Hi guys,

I'll be getting several quotes for 2x4brm townhouses to be built soon. Just wondering what cost per m2 people are experiencing out there?

I note in a Dec 2016 article published on realestate.co.nz:

• As a very rough starting point, $1,500 per m2 is very cheap, $2-2500 per m2 is more usual and anything from $3,000 per m2 and up is more consistent with bespoke designed houses.

I wonder how true the above still is...

I'll make sure I'm sitting down while opening the quotes...
    Last edited by Micholas; 19-06-2017, 04:14 PM. Reason: typo

I would say the 2000-2500 would be the better mark to go with if you just want your standard group home builders house.

In the end you get what you pay for. A kitchen can be done for 10k or 15k if you want something nicer. If you want something really outstanding you can be looking at 40-50k easy

Comment

I am also interested in current build rates, please keep updating this thread with your progress Micholas.
      You might be interested in a seminar being run by New Zealand Minor Homes this Thursday: https://www.eventbrite.co.nz/e/auckl...ts-34970622072

Comment

big difference in pricing between flat land and sloping, m2 rates dont work for everything

Comment

Also make sure you compare apples to apples. Some companies advertise lower square metre rates, but then it is plus carpet, blinds, mail box, clothes line, lawn etc. Whereas some investment companies will try to include everything within their price.

Ross
          Book a free chat here
          Ross Barnett - Property Accountant

Comment

Be careful of provisional costings. Oldest trick in the book to estimate low on council costs
            Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Thanks for the comments everyone. It won't be a group home builder, it's being designed by a family member. Flat land, 2x houses joined together most probably 3x levels high. Probably 10k kitchen in each. Was thinking $900k but that would be $3k per m2.

Comment

Which Zoning will it be in? I presume its mixed housing urban to achieve the 3 levels?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
                  Which Zoning will it be in? I presume its mixed housing urban to achieve the 3 levels?
                  It's mixed housing suburban. From what I can tell we might be ok as long as we comply with the height to boundary which we will.

Comment

I think you might need urban to go three - here is a link with a quick guide on the zones http://www.mortgagesonline.co.nz/uni...n-quick-sheet/
                    Hamish Patel | ph: 09 625 4693 | mob: 021 625 693
                    My Website
                    Be informed - register for our free monthly newsletter

Comment

certainly can spend a bit at the top end

$1000

$14,000

Last edited by eri; 25-06-2017, 04:55 PM.
                      have you defeated them?
                      your demons

Comment

And a tin of baked beans heated up on either one tastes exactly the same .
                        Squadly dinky do!

Comment

It depends on what you can easily afford. If you're still using a credit card to pay for things or worse, HP, then the $1K oven is the way to go. Cooking on gas is sooooo much nicer, although that beast seems like a semi-commercial one it's so huge.
                          Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

In Auckland Kitchen things outlet store on Dominion Rd is the place to go. Massive discounts on end of lines. We recently bought a $1200 SMEG rangehood for $299. They have lots of top brand ovens also. Great little store.

Comment

Originally posted by mortgage broker View Post
                              I think you might need urban to go three - here is a link with a quick guide on the zones http://www.mortgagesonline.co.nz/uni...n-quick-sheet/
                              Hey thanks for the link that's a great document. Pretty sure we're ok with 3x levels, the only restraints I can see on your sheet are 8m height and the height to boundary restrictions which we plan on complying with

Comment

Working...
                              X