Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apartment costs Auckland vs South Kensington London

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Apartment costs Auckland vs South Kensington London

    Interesting info in the Weekend Australian 29-30 October
    South Kensington London apartments sell for $3,100 to $3,600 m2 but in Auckland the are priced over $10,000 m2

  • #2
    That seems hard to believe, got a link to it?
    Squadly dinky do!

    Comment


    • #3
      I just did a quick search and found a 10,000 sq ft apartment for 35 million pounds:
      6 bedroom apartment for sale in Wellington Court, SW1X for £35,000,000. Marketed by Harrods Estates, Knightsbridge


      According to my calculator that is 3500 pounds per square foot.
      I reckon that would be 35,000 pounds per square meter or about $NZD80,000 per m2.
      A bit dearer than Auckland?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
        That seems hard to believe, got a link to it?
        Yes i agree
        I found it hard to believe too
        But i read it in the weekend paper !

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Beano View Post
          Yes i agree
          I found it hard to believe too
          But i read it in the weekend paper !
          Slightly off the beam, but this ones dead in the water anyway,
          considering value by area,
          in this case per square foot.

          In New Zealand, they talk about the change in average or medium house prices over time,
          but do they take into consideration the trend to subdividing sections.
          Sometimes I walk around older suburbs and notice almost every section has been subdivided.

          So, are they comparing like with like in terms of land area.
          Are prices actually much more expensive than the numbers show.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by McDuck View Post
            Slightly off the beam, but this ones dead in the water anyway,
            considering value by area,
            in this case per square foot.

            In New Zealand, they talk about the change in average or medium house prices over time,
            but do they take into consideration the trend to subdividing sections.
            Sometimes I walk around older suburbs and notice almost every section has been subdivided.

            So, are they comparing like with like in terms of land area.
            Are prices actually much more expensive than the numbers show.
            Although not mentioned the apartments may be leasehold not freehold (as many london properties are leasehold)

            Comment


            • #7
              Repeat: Got a link?
              Squadly dinky do!

              Comment


              • #8
                Leasehold in London is nothing like the leasehold in NZ and consequently no where near the same price differential.

                There is absolutely no chance at all South Kensington prices are less than Auckland, let alone 1/3rd of the price.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Wow... they have prices - what are they thinking?

                  Don't the agents insist on keeping everyone in the dark and doing auction/tender/PBN?

                  How refreshing!
                  Squadly dinky do!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                    Wow... they have prices - what are they thinking?

                    Don't the agents insist on keeping everyone in the dark and doing auction/tender/PBN?

                    How refreshing!
                    This has got to be the worst thing about a hot property market. Not even an indication of what a property might be worth.

                    I wouldn't mind auctions if the ad stated the expected sale range, or the reserve, or the desired price... Anything. The agents know, and are happy to tell you when you ask. Why not list it? We got a Property Press style document over the weekend, and there wasn't a single price listed in Auckland, at all. We just threw the thing out. I can't be bothered contacting every agent for price expectations.


                    As for the on-topic, the article you read that is wrong. Prices in London Zone 3* are stupidly priced. Shoeboxes for near a million pounds. I can't even imagine a Zone 1 property. Let alone Kensington.


                    *half an hour by train from the CBD, an hour including walking to and from tube stations
                    AAT Accounting Services - Property Specialist - [email protected]
                    Fixed price fees and quick knowledgeable service for property investors & traders!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by enzed View Post
                      Leasehold in London is nothing like the leasehold in NZ and consequently no where near the same price differential.

                      There is absolutely no chance at all South Kensington prices are less than Auckland, let alone 1/3rd of the price.

                      http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...rrencyCode=GBP
                      Yeah i am going to get a copy of the article and post it on this site! I am starting to doubt my eyes now ��

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I am looking to buy freehold only with garden in north London....had considered apartment closer in but don't like the leasehold. However, the prices are now 'easing', many prime properties are coming down in price as a result of the increased stamp duty and fear of business moves to Europe. Over the past two weeks my property promo emails have been marketed with 'price reductions'. It seems that we can sell our remuera freehold home and transfer directly to an equal style home in London now (thanks to the pound and easing property prices. I for one am not jumping to purchase central prime as there is just a bit too much price uncertainty.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                          Repeat: Got a link?
                          No link but i did cut out the article. ..and yes the details (ex the Wall Street Journal) is correct
                          I am not certain how to post the article but if you pm me i will email it to you

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Speaking of London you have to feel for poor Jamie :-)
                            "The average sale price of homes in the £10m-plus bracket has fallen 10.4 per cent in the past two years, according to estate agents Savills."

                            LINK

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Bobsyouruncle View Post
                              Speaking of London you have to feel for poor Jamie :-)
                              "The average sale price of homes in the £10m-plus bracket has fallen 10.4 per cent in the past two years, according to estate agents Savills."

                              LINK
                              Yes that is the article ...when you read it , it appears that Auckland prices per m2 is higher

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X