• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by Bobsyouruncle View Post
    See what I mean @Wayne :-).
    Yes I do.

I was reminded of the money changer bit the other week when I changed some money in a major Budhist temple in Yangoon.
    I was quite surprised to find one there but why not - they sell everything else in the temple.
    Temples there are a place of life!

Leave a comment:

• Bobsyouruncle
    replied
    See what I mean @Wayne :-).

Leave a comment:

• Davo36
    replied
    Only they don't exist
    This is what the rest of us think about the supposed fella in the clouds mate.

But hey, he obviously speaks to you. Says "Buy property! It only ever goes up!"

And then when you go bankrupt again, he says "I'm testing you! Go forth and buy property again!"

3 times now, man what a capricious god you have.

Leave a comment:

• McDuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
    He he he... So does the tooth fairy, Easter bunny and super man...
    Well since you're composing a list of things of the imagination, can we add, money, trusts, law, companies, points, lines, and planes, but not numbers, numbers are real, not so sure about zero though.

Ok back to matters of matter.
    Whats a core Chinese leader going to do with all this new technological power, and does he still need capitalism. ?
    Last edited by McDuck; 02-11-2016, 07:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bobsyouruncle
    replied
    Only they don't exist so not a genuine comparison......
    But you know that already.

Leave a comment:

• Don't believe the Hype
    replied
    He he he... So does the tooth fairy, Easter bunny and super man...

Leave a comment:

• McDuck
    replied
    Ok.
    Democratic direction change vote passed (thanks to the Greeks). Ha.

Leave a comment:

• Bobsyouruncle
    replied
    God isn't bothered. He thinks you're awesome actually Hype.

Leave a comment:

• Don't believe the Hype
    replied
    Any chance we can keep the god bothering to a different forum?

Leave a comment:

• Bobsyouruncle
    replied
    They were located in the court of the Gentiles, so were hindering worship and directly violating God's commands. In addition the label "den of robbers" indicates usury at a vulnerable time for worshippers.

Leave a comment:

• McDuck
    replied
    It wasn't in anger per se. He sat and made the whip. Then He did what His father told Him to. He was showing them how far they had moved from a genuine relationship. But I think you already know all that!
    So was the problem that they were making money from followers, or that they were running their benches from inside a holy place, or did he just not like banking in general... (say, didn't john key work in currency exchange initially). ha.

Leave a comment:

• Bobsyouruncle
    replied
    It wasn't in anger per se. He sat and made the whip. Then He did what His father told Him to. He was showing them how far they had moved from a genuine relationship. But I think you already know all that!

Leave a comment:

• McDuck
    replied
    No there is no such thing as evolution. No proof of it is yet to appear, because it's a fallacy.
    Oh great, I won't be a predictable bore and say anymore about it.(I'm looking at you Richard Dawkins).

So what's your take on the money changers getting thrown out of the temple in an uncharacteristic show of anger.?

Leave a comment:

• McDuck
    replied
    Xi a core leader.
    search.
    Ha.

Leave a comment:

• Bobsyouruncle
    replied
    No there is no such thing as evolution. No proof of it is yet to appear, because it's a fallacy.

Now back to your China point, they are definitely suffering in a pubescent sense as they struggle to control the burgeoning middle class so a retrenching of power to the elite is understandable. It's difficult when your politics are clearly a failure and your own people are waking up to the fact.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X