No announcement yet.

NZ mortgage giant warns of 'outright house price fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He needed to solve a real problem. J.P Morgan and James Hill had way too much power then and were dishonest with it. Most monopolies that are genuinely so need some sort of regulation. Nothing to do with Auckland's housing issues of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobsyouruncle View Post
      He needed to solve a real problem. J.P Morgan and James Hill had way too much power then and were dishonest with it. Most monopolies that are genuinely so need some sort of regulation. Nothing to do with Auckland's housing issues of course.
      So what's your view of Communist China acting as a sort of mega trust, and all that trust type activity generating all that money to extend the interests of that creature?

Comment

I don't really have an opinion on it. The thing about China is that they are able to play a long game as there is little risk of a direction change. So they can establish a strategy to achieve their goals that may take generations to achieve. Their dishonesty and ingrained "deception as a virtue" makes them uneasy bedfellows for any nation built on Judeo Christian principles. The West may be too late to do much about their influence now.

Comment

I don't really have an opinion on it. The thing about China is that they are able to play a long game as there is little risk of a direction change. So they can establish a strategy to achieve their goals that may take generations to achieve. Their dishonesty and ingrained "deception as a virtue" makes them uneasy bedfellows for any nation built on Judeo Christian principles. The West may be too late to do much about their influence now.
          So I'm guessing you're not siding with Leonidas..see link below. Ha.

Leonidas: http://youtu.be/1NV9DSykTbo

Comment

Sorry McD I only have limited internet, not enough gigs to watch meaningless stuff :-).

Comment

Meh, suit yourself.
              It was just another pinch point, in history, where east meets west.
              You can look up the battle of Thermopylae if you ever become interested in where our western culture came from.
              Last edited by McDuck; 02-11-2016, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Well it's actually an event 480 years later that laid the foundation for our western culture. They even separated time based on that event!

Comment

western culture

sprang from greek

because persians

took too long to take a pass?

drawing

a long

and somewhat meaningless

bow there

duckie

the failure of operation sealion a little more relevant

but equally as meaningless to the present

Last edited by eri; 02-11-2016, 05:59 PM.
                  have you defeated them?
                  your demons

Comment

Well it's actually an event 480 years later that laid the foundation for our western culture. They even separated time based on that event!
                    Interesting, so is there such a thing as evolution, I'm just curious, I have no disposition either way.

P.s. just to keep this slightly on track, money flooding China has just condensed its core of power to a much smaller group of people this week. That's important.

Comment

Originally posted by McDuck View Post
                      money flooding China has just condensed its core of power to a much smaller group of people this week
                      discuss...........
                      have you defeated them?
                      your demons

Comment

No there is no such thing as evolution. No proof of it is yet to appear, because it's a fallacy.

Now back to your China point, they are definitely suffering in a pubescent sense as they struggle to control the burgeoning middle class so a retrenching of power to the elite is understandable. It's difficult when your politics are clearly a failure and your own people are waking up to the fact.

Comment

Xi a core leader.
                          search.
                          Ha.

Comment

No there is no such thing as evolution. No proof of it is yet to appear, because it's a fallacy.
                            Oh great, I won't be a predictable bore and say anymore about it.(I'm looking at you Richard Dawkins).

So what's your take on the money changers getting thrown out of the temple in an uncharacteristic show of anger.?

Comment

It wasn't in anger per se. He sat and made the whip. Then He did what His father told Him to. He was showing them how far they had moved from a genuine relationship. But I think you already know all that!

Comment

It wasn't in anger per se. He sat and made the whip. Then He did what His father told Him to. He was showing them how far they had moved from a genuine relationship. But I think you already know all that!
                                So was the problem that they were making money from followers, or that they were running their benches from inside a holy place, or did he just not like banking in general... (say, didn't john key work in currency exchange initially). ha.

Comment

Working...
                                X