Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minor Dwellings...what do you do with them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor Dwellings...what do you do with them?

Hi
    I here a lot about people wanting to put Minor Dwellings on their existing property.
    So once you have built your MD how do you rent it out?

Do you put a fence between the MD and the existing house and rent it out as a separate rental to someone not related to your existing tenants?

Or do you just leave it as it is and rent it out as a separate rental to someone not related to your existing tenants?

Or maybe you rent the both of them out to the existing tenants?

Just asking as I will not be adding anything to my own rentals
    Thanks
    Richard

Seperate tenants. It will have seperate power, water meter so it's fine. Ideally a fence.

Comment

Rent it as a Holiday House,,,if you live next door easy to manage...Have power connected to your house , saves extra charge , easy to maintain, build a good deck, nice garden, good furnishings.......Tourists are flooding the country...Look up Bookabach, Holiday Houses and you will see what others are doing with their minor dwellings...

Comment

heanme, there's no need to pay extra tens of thousands $$$ for minor dwelling just to rent it out while living next door. Sleepout is enough for such scenario and is cheaper to put cause doesn't need watercare or council contributions, doesn't need separate electricity line, most likely doesn't need resource consent.

Comment

Working...
        X