Bedsit atached to owners house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedsit atached to owners house

If part of the owners house is set up as a bedsit and can be locked off and rented, does the Bond Lodgement Form get submitted with the tick box being 1. for a room? or 2. bedsit/flat? The physical address for the tenant is the same as the landlord. The tenant would receive internet and water as part of the rent.

I see boarding does not cover this situation as boarding houses must have intention to have occupied or intended by the landlord to be occupied by at least 6 tenants at any one time.

Yes thanks, I know the local council rules about this arrangement. Thanks in advance.

That'll be a bedsit/flat. But I'd be concerned aout sharing powe water or internet.

Comment

Why would you be concerned about water and internet shared?

Comment

Would you want "how do I join isis" being connected to your ip address?

Comment

I guess it'll be in the landlords name, but everything from quota used up, modem needs resetting but its upstairs, someone's been downloading copyright material through to landlord snooping at your traffic

Comment

And have you ever checked what your teenagers do on line? I'd be more worried about tenants and P.

Comment

Hi RollingCloud

It would be 2. Bedsit/flat

I would presume that would be the case

Hope that helps

Originally posted by RollingCloud View Post
              If part of the owners house is set up as a bedsit and can be locked off and rented, does the Bond Lodgement Form get submitted with the tick box being 1. for a room? or 2. bedsit/flat? The physical address for the tenant is the same as the landlord. The tenant would receive internet and water as part of the rent.

I see boarding does not cover this situation as boarding houses must have intention to have occupied or intended by the landlord to be occupied by at least 6 tenants at any one time.

Yes thanks, I know the local council rules about this arrangement. Thanks in advance.
              Fraser Wilkinson
              www.managemyrental.co.nz
              Wellington / Lower Hutt / Upper Hutt / Porirua

Comment

Working...
              X