Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying investment property in Mangere or Mangere East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying investment property in Mangere or Mangere East?

Hi All,

I am new to property investment. I am planning to buy my 2nd investment property. My budget is around 450k to early 500k for a 3+ bedroom full section freehold property. I came across suburbs: Mangere and Mangere East. My questions are:

1. Which suburb is better east or mangere? or if there is any other suburb in south Auckland you would recommend for my budget? how about Favona?

2. What are the risks of investing in these suburb? potential bad tenant, damage to your property?

3. What is the future capital gain/growth in the next 3 to 5 years?

4. Any Tips/hint or thing I need to watch out for buying in these area?

Many Thanks
    Thomas

Mangere East is defiantly the better of the two and prices are rising across both suburbs. Closer access to the train line, hospital, motorway into town and generally nicer neighborhoods. Full section 800+ sqm sites with 3 bdrm sites are generally going for 530-540 +, which I think are still really good buys. Few things the area has going for it include

- massive airport expansion...easy access to the airport.
    - Easy access to transport both north sough and into town.
    - train line

Thats my 2 cents

Comment

Mangere East is a big suburb, imo I would rank them as follows from best to worst.

Mangere East (Papatoetoe Side - better schooling)
      Mangere South / Peninsula Park (Excluding Naylor Drive area)
      Mangere Town Centre
      Mangere College Area (Streets with airplane names - lots of HNZ around there)
      Mangere East (Favona Side)
      Vine Street and Tenessee Street (the worst with pylons and HNZ)

Comment

Thank you all for your advice. I ended up buying a property in papatoetoe. I felt its worth getting even the price is a bit
        higher in papatoetoe. I just felt the area is nicer in papatoetoe.

Comment

Mangere is bubbling along quite nicely, will get interesting there once motorway 20 is completed, town will only be 20 mins away. yay
          Hamish Patel | ph: 09 625 4693 | mob: 021 625 693
          My Website
          Be informed - register for our free monthly newsletter

Comment

Working...
          X