Kieran Trass - new occupation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kieran Trass - new occupation

A former millionaire property guru who once lived in a waterfront home in the plush Auckland suburb of Herne Bay has also been living in a tent in Dunedin's Octagon.

"I know we are making a difference. This is my new occupation," Kieran Trass told the Otago Daily Times from near his makeshift residence of the past few weeks.

The 49-year-old says he is down to "the last of my resources" and detached from his previous life as a banking and property high-flyer.
    He has worked at Nathan Finance, UDC and CitiBank in mortgage lending and corporate banking. He set up a dozen start-up companies, including the property consultancy Hybrid Group, an online mortgage brokers, a property trading company, a building company, and a legal practice.
    He published five books on the topic, including Grow Rich with the Property Cycle and The Housing Bubble.
    In 2007, "before the world turned", he increased his exposure to property, and with his businesses shrinking lost hundreds of thousands of dollars, and "I haven't recovered".
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10770737
    "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

says it all

In 2007, "before the world turned", he increased his exposure to property, and with his businesses shrinking lost hundreds of thousands of dollars, and "I haven't recovered".
    have you defeated them?
    your demons

Comment

Are there any of these property-spruiker-gurus left? Left with money I mean?

The ones who went through the last boom, sold lots of seminars, books, dvds, mentoring courses etc.

I think there is a thread on here somewhere about this, but seeing Keiran admit he's lost all his money makes me think, gee, every single one of these guys seems to have made a lot of money and then lost it:

Dean Leftus, Kieran Trass, the RichMastery guys, the BlueChip guys, Merlot, and so on.
      Last edited by Davo36; 04-12-2011, 03:28 PM.
      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Kerian Trass needs to piss off out of the Octagon and take whats left of the unemployables that infested it with him

Comment

What about the 15 million dollar bloke he's still got a Ferrari doesn't he? (and he's ex RM)

Comment

Goodness that sounds terrible. I wonder if it is really true or if that was a stupid throw away comment to a reporter.
            I do feel sorry for him because I am sure he has worked hard and furiously at his passion.
            What have I and the rest of us done or not done to avoid that fate.

Comment

those who try to "double up"

to maximise their profits

or cover their loses

eventually get burned

when the tide turns
              have you defeated them?
              your demons

Comment

It's a real shame about Kieran. He was one of the most honest, genuinely helpful property promoters.
                My Profile

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                  Are there any of these property-spruiker-gurus left? Left with money I mean?

The ones who went through the last boom, sold lots of seminars, books, dvds, mentoring courses etc.

I think there is a thread on here somewhere about this, but seeing Keiran admit he's lost all his money makes me think, gee, every single one of these guys seems to have made a lot of money and then lost it:

Dean Leftus, Kieran Trass, the RichMastery guys, the BlueChip guys, Merlot, and so on.
                  You forgot Don Ha.

Its quite scary really, its a lesson for all of us to be careful and stay safe (and stay away from the council).
                  Paul Magill B.com
                  Bluekiwi Property Consulting

Comment

...Not all the ex RM guys - remember Sean Wood is doing well, has held onto his portfolio and his mentoring (Property Tutors Limited) is going well.

In fact Sean's resilience when so many have gone under is very commendable and it's probably why his mentoring students stick with him year in year out.
                    SEARCH PropertyTalk, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

^ LOLZ.....pretty sure that's exactly what people were saying about Dean until recently.

Did you just put the heeby jeebies on poor old Sean???????

Cheers
                      Spaceman

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
                        ...Not all the ex RM guys - remember Sean Wood is doing well, has held onto his portfolio and his mentoring (Property Tutors Limited) is going well.

In fact Sean's resilience when so many have gone under is very commendable and it's probably why his mentoring students stick with him year in year out.
                        I heard him speak at RM, the last one.
                        And seen him at open homes and mortgage auctions, he is rude and arrogant

And bloody good at what he does.
                        Of all the property investment experts I have heard, read books, watched DVD's, he had the best system by far.

Ron next.
                        Paul Magill B.com
                        Bluekiwi Property Consulting

Comment

Kieran made the mistake of concentraing all his investing in New Zealand when there are far greater opportunites in the USA, 20% yield with capital gains, why would you invest in New Zealand with those kind of opportunites available ? Its why many smart investors have sold or selling off their New Zealand portfolio to invest where their dollar goes a lot futhur :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Bluekiwi View Post
                            I heard him speak at RM, the last one.
                            And seen him at open homes and mortgage auctions, he is rude and arrogant

And bloody good at what he does.
                            Of all the property investment experts I have heard, read books, watched DVD's, he had the best system by far.

Ron next.
                            ^^^ LOL Sean's a major part of why some investors I know avoid South Auckland, they don't want to compete with him and his students who get all the really great deals.

Comment

Excellent idea postiive.

Do you know anyone who I could discuss buying US properties with?

Comment

Working...
                              X