Anyone read Unfair Advantage by Robert Kiyosaki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone read Unfair Advantage by Robert Kiyosaki

Has anyone read Unfair Advantage by Robert Kiyosaki? (I'm not selling you a book lol)

Omg the content is crazy good, especially Mr Kiyosaki actually shares some light on his own investments he has been talking about.

Like how he & Mrs Kiyosaki basically buys apartment blocks (deemed commercial properties in USA) for no money down, after a year to 3 years, all value in 10+ millions. It's good to know that I have bought some properties no money down after 6 months in the past year and half.

Also what he talked about the economy, the banking system, and how debt drives the global economy make so much sense.

I'm still page 126 into a 300 page book, so maybe I post some good stuff here every now and then.

Haven't read that book....but have read RDPD and bit's of some of his other books.

I doubt that you can trust much of what he actually says ...... he's pretty much admitted to RDPD being a work of fiction and has been proven to be a liar.

If you treat the books he writes as motivational material rather than instructional then I would agree that there is some value in them. But the whole happy clappy cult of personality that he seems to want to cultivate in order to sell books is a bit OTT IMHO.

It's cool that the book has managed to light your fire..... just don't get burnt.

Good luck

Cheers
    Spaceman

Comment

No I believe what I believe, not what he writes.

Anyways, I personally think that RK has gone of the rail in recent years about conspiracies etc, such as his last book Conspiracy of the Rich, which is pretty useless in terms of financial education.

But this latest book has got some good stuff in there.

At least finally he shares some light in his investments.

Comment

I reckon a lot of what's in his books is sensationalised - where time as gone by and the memory of the events is less clear so it becomes less fact based. His books can not be boring and nor can he be seen to be boring either - otherwise it would effect sales. I like his books for their motivation and feel good factor.

His investments in primary resources (Oil) would be netting him the big $$ now.

cheers,

Donna
        SEARCH PropertyTalk, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

His earlier books were written with Sharon Letcher (sp?) who I guess underpinned a lot of the writing style and balanced delivery of his thoughts. The later books of Conspiracy of the Rich and that other terrible one with Donald Trump don't seem to have Sharon Letcher involved. They were bizarre and pointless in my opinion.

I like to think of RK as just the writer of one book, Rich Dad Poor Dad. I love it, and you can ignore the others.

Sounds good if you say this new book is a winner.
          Monkey see, monkey do

Comment

Originally posted by NovInvestor View Post
            Has anyone read Unfair Advantage by Robert Kiyosaki? (I'm not selling you a book lol)
            I have read the book. I agree it starts off with a great overview of the Financial Crisis and then goes on to offer some great property investing gems. The book is totally focused on the North American market so a lot of the advice does not apply to NZ (taxes, building depreciation). Then the book starts repeating itself and rehashing a lot of the content from the earlier chapters.

I would still recommend the book though, but you could pretty much stop reading by about page 160 :-).

Shane D

Comment

Originally posted by Shane D View Post
              I have read the book. I agree it starts off with a great overview of the Financial Crisis and then goes on to offer some great property investing gems. The book is totally focused on the North American market so a lot of the advice does not apply to NZ (taxes, building depreciation). Then the book starts repeating itself and rehashing a lot of the content from the earlier chapters.

I would still recommend the book though, but you could pretty much stop reading by about page 160 :-).

Shane D
              That's RK's style, which is to repeat the same message over and over till u get the point =)

Sharon Letcher actually took RK to court over loyalties I guess, but it got settled out of court.

Comment

Working...
              X