No announcement yet.

Where are these investors now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Donna, I'm still alive and kicking Still have a descent bunch of rentals and still doing the odd trade.
    Got hammered mind you with the GFC BUT am still trucking along.

I have a nice three beddy in WW. If the current prospective purchasers don't go through you can have it for $399k

Don't spend any/much time here on PT because I'm busy with property management, web design, other interests and family.

Comment

• Toby,

And what is your claim to property investing "Guru" fame?

"Hi Donna, I'm still alive and kicking Still have a descent bunch of rentals and still doing the odd trade.
      Got hammered mind you with the GFC BUT am still trucking along."

I am always up for a good PI story...both the ups and downs.

Edit: answered my own question

Just googled you here
      http://www.ipsproperty.co.nz/Propert...3/Default.aspx

The last paragraph of that interview is a real gem. Excellent advice.

Shane
      Last edited by Shane D; 17-10-2013, 03:43 AM.

Comment

• I am waiting Shane for you to reach "Guru" status

Interesting to hear and learn from these stories.
        Especially from the mistakes, where people go down, would like to hear from Dean Letfus, Keiran Trass, Sue Laurey ? (in Chch), on how they crashed and burned.
        But the guru's that do down are less talkative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluekiwi View Post
          I am waiting Shane for you to reach "Guru" status

Interesting to hear and learn from these stories.
          Especially from the mistakes, where people go down, would like to hear from Dean Letfus, Keiran Trass, Sue Laurey ? (in Chch), on how they crashed and burned.
          But the guru's that do down are less talkative.
          hahaha good one BK...I had a good laugh over that one. I am way too conservative to hit it big on the "Guru" circuit

Yes I like hearing about what bought the Gurus down more than the successes as that is where we can learn the most. ...but you are right, they seem to gain humility all of a sudden and clam up.

Lets face it....almost any idiot can make money over the last couple of years in this crazy rising market....but it's the steps and strategies we put in place to handle the next down market that interests me most. Because those steps determine who will survive and whom will be just another Guru on the investing scrap heap.

Shane

Comment

• No, No, Nooo I'm not a guru Shane. I have been very vocal historically and spoke at a number of property events in the past that's all.

If anybody is looking for the reason why some people hit the wall, it's a very simple answer. To much debt not enough cash flow.

Comment

Working...
            X