Where are these investors now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bluekiwi View Post
    Nice, I like that, well said, give it up speight 'Boy" and listen to the 'man"
    Absolutely Gluewiki.

I enjoy listening to all experts in their fields.

Especially when they are gracious enough to share their knowledge by answering questions on their field of expertise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluekiwi View Post
      Nice, I like that, well said, give it up speight 'Boy" and listen to the 'man"
      Sorry BK, I disagree.

SB consistently offers good advice. Some say we are at the bottom of the cycle, I prefer to make sure the boom is well established before I jump back in. Better that way than pick a false bottom and feel the ar$e end fall out yet again.

Comment

• if you buy

on the dead cat bounce

you end up with a dead cat

not much use for those

now you can't cook them

make violin strings, hats and gloves etc.
        have you defeated them?
        your demons

Comment

• In 2007 we had thousands of surplus accommodation and vacant properties through over building.

2012 only 4 years later we have a huge shortage and not a crane In sight around downtown Auckland.

We have 20,000 Canterbarians wanting to move to Auckland,

Thousands of Overseas Students are just returning from overseas and will want somewhere to stay.

Shortages of houses for sale is the lowest in 4 years.

Not enough builders around to create new accommodation or to even fix leaky homes.

All this can only mean the start of a Rent Boom which precedes a Property Boom based on supply and demand.

It will be interesting what the next 2 or 3 years brings us

Ron Hoy Fong
          RonovationZ
          Last edited by RonHoyFong; 03-02-2012, 01:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RonHoyFong View Post
            We have 20,000 Canterbarians wanting to move to Auckland,
            Seen this more than once on this site. Where do you get this information?

www.3888444.co.nz
            Facebook Page

Comment

• Ron said
              Not enough builders around to create new accommodation or to even fix leaky homes.
              From http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/6355...ver-hikes-levy
              Shortfalls of 5175 painters, 2000 carpenters and 735 bricklayers had been identified in a study by the Canterbury Development Corporation.
              and Ron said
              All this can only mean the start of a Rent Boom which precedes a Property Boom based on supply and demand.
              "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

• Barfoots figures out today show central auckland increased 15% in value over 2011.

Is that a localized boom?

Comment

• Originally posted by SwissKiwi View Post
                  Barfoots figures out today show central auckland increased 15% in value over 2011.

Is that a localized boom?

Yes, probably.

Not just house prices, but also rents.

2010 I rented one unit at $300/wk + water
                  now, I am renting it out for $360/wk incl water

Comment

• but not the inner inner-city

the apartment market seems much the same as last year for rents

some up

some down

but will have to let all the students start before you can say for final
                    have you defeated them?
                    your demons

Comment

• eri, I only know one block, the Volt. Rents went up heaps last year. From $360 to $425 per (tiny) unit.
                      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• Originally posted by SwissKiwi View Post
                        Barfoots figures out today ........
                        the graph showing price growth % year on year is interesting.

31st Jan figure ; 2.73 %

Auckland real estate agent Barfoot and Thompson reports strongest January sales in four years; 683 sales up 21% from last year
                        Last edited by speights boy; 03-02-2012, 03:28 PM. Reason: added link to graph

Comment

• Originally posted by speights boy View Post
                          the graph showing price growth % year on year is interesting.

31st Jan figure ; 2.73 %
                          15% increase in central
                          9% increase eastern

15% down for south.

Otherwise flat.

Comment

• I bought a house in Lower Hutt 4 years ago for $275k and rented it out for $335 per week while I got round to doing a small reno.

Reno finished today and it has valued at $365k (Hmmmm not much) but the rent is now at $495 per week.

I recon there's a rental boom going on in some area's and values will rise from that.

Comment

• Just imagine what will happen if immigration turns around again. To where it was in the 2003-2006 period. Imagine where rents would go if we had another 30,000 people come into the country.

Also, look at this: http://www.trademe.co.nz/property/re...-438828446.htm

Planners must be so proud of themselves. Intensification at it's best eh?
                              Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• ^ just waiting to be snapped up......after only 7,240 page views.

Comment

Working...
                                X