Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 outstanding building consents...

hi all,
    looking at a small inner city apartment in AK. that was offices but has been converted into tiny apartments. either built or converted in 2002

council records show it has 3 outstanding building consents

1. internal alterations
    2. plumbing alterations
    3. stage 1 structural and hydraulic issues relating to the additions of 5 new apartments

it's the last 1 that concerns me

is "stage 1" a big problem or a small problem, does "hydraulic" here mean something to do with machinery like a lift or could it mean water under pressure, ie leaks???

i could order the building records on CD for $70odd bucks...

BC minutes don't seem clear of any mention of any of them...
    Last edited by eri; 19-04-2010, 02:15 PM.
    have you defeated them?
    your demons

Hydraulic in this context usually refers to stormwater runoff. Usually new additions mean new roofed areas so has to be catered for by detention tanks. As far as what Stage 1 refers to, anybody's guess but as it refers to structural issues, best to investigate further & contact your friendly structural engineer for clarification.

Comment

Have to say Apartments can be a nightmare without these issues so unless they are really really cheap why go there? Plus of course looking at on-selling, most Banks won't touch them thus limiting your buyers?
      www.ilender.co.nz
      Financial Paramedics

Comment

It was probably a staged building consent, i.e. multiple stages. And stage 1 was not signed off, so presumably not the rest either.
        Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Working...
        X