Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• orion
    replied
    Graeme, do you really want to know or are you just using the socratic method to make a point?
    I'm not sure you aren't just trying to wind me up.
    Hi McDuck, not sure what socratic means. No, I want to understand what you are wanting me to understand or answer, as I really have no idea what you are talking about, apart from something about property ownership.

Regards
    Graeme Fowler

Leave a comment:

• McDuck
    replied
    Originally posted by orion View Post
    Hi McDuck, might be best just to cut and paste what you want me to read or ask, as this showed up nothing doing the search you mentioned as shown above.

Regards
    Graeme Fowler
    Oh, sorry, yes the Badger link is the one.

Thanks Badger.

Graeme, do you really want to know or are you just using the socratic method to make a point?

I'm not sure you aren't just trying to wind me up.

Leave a comment:

• orion
    replied
    Just diving in to see if the sticky discussed earlier was created?
    Hi Terry, yes it has been done now and is at the top as a sticky.

Would be good for a lot more people to pit theirs up including the moderators.
    I think the more that do it, it will allow others to be more comfortable with it as well.

Regards
    Graeme Fowler

Leave a comment:

• tpr2
    replied
    Just diving in to see if the sticky discussed earlier was created?
    I've been off air for a couple of days.

Leave a comment:

• orion
    replied
    Thanks Badger,

I'm still unsure what you are wanting to point out or ask Mc Duck??

Regards
    Graeme Fowler

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    I think Mr McDuck meant this link here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Property

Property is any physical or virtual entity that is owned by an individual or jointly by a group of individuals. An owner of property has the right to consume, sell, rent, mortgage, transfer and exchange his or her property.[1][2][3] Important widely-recognized types of property include real property (land), personal property (other physical possessions), and intellectual property (rights over artistic creations, inventions, etc.), although the latter is not always as widely recognized or enforced.[4] A title, or a right of ownership, is associated with property that establishes the relation between the goods/services and other individuals or groups, assuring the owner the right to dispense with the property in a manner he or she sees fit. Some philosophers assert that property rights arise from social convention. Others find origins for them in morality or natural law (e.g. Saint Irenaeus).

Leave a comment:

• orion
    replied
    For query "property rights"
    Jump to: navigation, search
    There is no page titled "roperty rights". You can create this page.

For more information about searching Property Talk Community Wiki, see Searching Property Talk Community Wiki.

Showing below 5 results starting with #1.

View (previous 20) (next 20) (20 | 50 | 100 | 250 | 500).
    No page title matches
    Hi McDuck, might be best just to cut and paste what you want me to read or ask, as this showed up nothing doing the search you mentioned as shown above.

Regards
    Graeme Fowler

Leave a comment:

• McDuck
    replied
    Hi McDuck, totally lost with this one, can you explain what you mean??

McDuck, 100% of the profit? You might have to explain a bit more. You mean cash flow after it's paid off, or lend you the money while you are taking all the risk, and they still own the building?? Are you talking rental properties, or all properties? Does it work the same if a finance company lends you money for a car? Do you think the finance company should own the car when you have paid all the money back plus interest?

The bank has lent you the money which is their 'business' in other words they are in the 'business of lending money'. If you know how fractional reserve lending works, they don't even have most of the money the lend you anyway, it is 'created'. But let's just say they had the full 100% of money that they lend you. They get paid interest on the money they lend to you, the borrower. Not sure why you think they should get ownership of the asset they lend you the money for, if that is what you are saying?? I'm not following your logic here, maybe I'm mis-interpreting what you are asking.

Other rights??

Regards
    Graeme Fowler
    Hi Graeme.
    go to wiki, and type in "property rights".
    that should answer your questions.

Leave a comment:

• orion
    replied
    Good style. Now about your qualifications.They fall under "general buisness skill", rather than "Property investing". Now, if a person has poor business skill, then they are going to fail (money wise) in what ever area they choose. We can't really help those people within the framework of this forum
    Hi McDuck, totally lost with this one, can you explain what you mean??

Graeme,
    Here is a question for you.
    It goes to the very heart of property investing.
    You could say that it was the quirk that made the trick work.
    How is it that you are able to keep 100% of the profit from a thing that you only own 10% of?
    McDuck, 100% of the profit? You might have to explain a bit more. You mean cash flow after it's paid off, or lend you the money while you are taking all the risk, and they still own the building?? Are you talking rental properties, or all properties? Does it work the same if a finance company lends you money for a car? Do you think the finance company should own the car when you have paid all the money back plus interest?

Usually ownership directs the division of the reward.
    So, if a Bank owns 90% of the property, then they should get 90% of any gain. "Right to a share", of any profit, is one of the main concepts behind the concept of ownership.
    The bank has lent you the money which is their 'business' in other words they are in the 'business of lending money'. If you know how fractional reserve lending works, they don't even have most of the money the lend you anyway, it is 'created'. But let's just say they had the full 100% of money that they lend you. They get paid interest on the money they lend to you, the borrower. Not sure why you think they should get ownership of the asset they lend you the money for, if that is what you are saying?? I'm not following your logic here, maybe I'm mis-interpreting what you are asking.

By the way, did you know the other rights associated with ownership?
    Other rights??

Regards
    Graeme Fowler

Leave a comment:

• McDuck
    replied
    Graeme,

Here is a question for you.

It goes to the very heart of property investing.

You could say that it was the quirk that made the trick work.

How is it that you are able to keep 100% of the profit from a thing that you only own 10% of?

Usually ownership directs the division of the reward.

So, if a Bank owns 90% of the property, then they should get 90% of any gain.

"Right to a share", of any profit, is one of the main concepts behind the concept of ownership.

By the way, did you know the other rights associated with ownership?
    Last edited by McDuck; 12-03-2009, 06:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• McDuck
    replied
    Good style.

Now about your qualifications.

They fall under "general buisness skill", rather than "Property investing".

Now, if a person has poor business skill, then they are going to fail (money wise) in what ever area they choose.

We can't really help those people within the framework of this forum.
    Last edited by McDuck; 12-03-2009, 06:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• orion
    replied
    1 You can make money on property.
    Yes you can, you can also lose it too.

2 Somone else will pay your interest.
    Yes, that is true, but most investors don't think anyone should pay the principle.

3 Time is your friend on this one, as property gains value over extended time.
    Has done in the past, but doesn't mean it always will.

4 Do your research before you hand over the money.
    Yes

5 Bad tenants are a possibility and nightmare
    Sure can be

6 Some Government breaks will speed up the process.
    Yep for sure, can work the other way too though.

Regards
    Graeme Fowler

Leave a comment:

• McDuck
    replied
    Hi McDuck, really?? So you think everyone agrees with everyone else on every topic?

What do you mean by big practical ideas?

Regards
    Graeme Fowler

1 You can make money on property.
    2 Somone else will pay your interest.
    3 Time is your friend on this one, as property gains value over extended time.
    5 Do your research before you hand over the money.
    4 Bad tennnants are a possibility and nightmare
    5 Some Government breaks will speed up the process.

that sort of thing.

Leave a comment:

• orion
    replied
    I'm going to think outside the square on this one.
    I really dont get conflicting infromation about property on this site.
    Hi McDuck, really?? So you think everyone agrees with everyone else on every topic?

So all other clarifications (re credibility) are not needed.
    I don't agree with that, anyway it's just a voluntary thing. If you wish to use it, that is fine. If not, that is fine too.

Also people can quickly see a mismatched idea amongst the general tide of opinion.
    Well, I don't think that is correct. Sometimes the mis-matched ideas against the general tide of opinion might be more true than what the majority are saying. Everyone used to think the earth was flat. The person that discovered it was round had a mis-matched idea to everyone else, but it didn't mean he was wrong.

In summation:
    All the big practical ideas are agreed upon by all posters.
    What do you mean by big practical ideas?

In super summation:
    What problem?
    No problem. Just an option for people if they want to use it, if not, no worries.

Regards
    Graeme Fowler

Leave a comment:

• orion
    replied
    I read many things and all things and make my own mind up as to what is what in regards where im parking money or actively trading capital, my portfolio is not a million dollars, but its large enough to produce a modest income comparable to if not better than the illusion of a job or self employment, from investments and active trading over a nine year period, and yep Ive experienced many set backs and errors...
    Well done Badger, yes I think most of us have experienced setbacks!

Regards
    Graeme Fowler

Leave a comment:

Working...
X