Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Listener defames Phil Jones? Dolf De Roos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Listener defames Phil Jones? Dolf De Roos?

Anyone in NZ has got to make sure they read this week's Listener. I picked up my Mum's copy today and it had a big spread on Phil, Dolf and a few other characters. Won't be in the shops until Sunday 9th Nov. Nothing new, nothing ground breaking but ... when it comes hot on the heels of the National Business Review article it gets you thinking...

Cat
    Wealth vs Health - why have both when you can gorge on one?

Listener

So what does it say? Don't leave us in suspense if we are not in NZ. Tell us more.

Comment

We are still waiting cat

larry the Impatient

Comment

Listener and Phil Jones

Hi Larry

Cat is too slow. Here's the guts of it. It's about De Roos and then it's about Jones. The De Roos stuff is mostly tongue-in-cheek.

But it starts to get serious when the article moves to Jones. He gets caught in some whopping porkies.

Try this one - Jones was asked about his 'D' methods. He named 5 of the 6 and then got a "mental block". You could feel him sweating. The journo reminded him - Dummies - people who are not aware how much their properties are worth. Gulp!

It went on...

Then he was asked about how he has been pushing his latest D ... targeting drought stricken Aussie farmers. Jones said, "It was never something that we ever promoted. Yes, we are guilty of a customer telling the story on our web site, but that's not something we've ever promoted in a book, seminar, or anything else." The journalist then writes NO? and goes on to show how he has been advertising his drought ad in an Aussie magazine!! Liar. They even had the ad in the article. Amazing stuff. Yuk, what sort of person could do this?!

When asked about wraps, Jones said, "We don't promote wrapping at all." Again, the article showed the truth. How dumb to lie.

He also got caught on those properties with the phoney valuations - jack it up and all that stuff. Plus he said he does not promote his own products!! Can ya believe that one?! Then the article mentioned all his products - including charging for properties which were supposed to be great deals but... well, you know the rest.

Mentioned his advertising standards case where he was misleading people with his "valuations".

The boss of the Consumer Institute was obviously talking about Jones when he said, "Be very very wary of some of the outrageous promises being made at the moment. I think a lot of people don't realise that some very dubious tactics are being used. And beware there are all kinds of ridiculous fees being charged simply for information which people can get much more cheaply. One of the problems with the whole seminar thing is that, first of all they're just being promoted as information seminars. Sometimes you pay $70 or $80 and then find yourself stuck in a two-hour sales pitch for a 2 or 3 day education program. That is a bit of a rip off."

And that's being polite!!

Glad to be of help to you, Larry.

Catch up for a beer soon as I get home for Christmas?

Tempo

Comment

Tried looking online but they don't have the main features - what did they say about DDR?

Comment

Listener

Not much, just made him out to be a charlatan. Whet he says publicly and privately are not the same. Apparently, he didn't like the fact that lotsa people in the audience had their arms folded. That's a good sign because it means they were wise to him. I am sure the days of these sorts of boys are limited. As has been made clear, they are doing this for one reason - to make themselves richer and us poorer. Well not me, cos they haven't got me - and never will.

Hope this helps.

Tempo

Comment

Re: Listener and Phil Jones

Originally posted by Tempo
              He also got caught on those properties with the phoney valuations - jack it up and all that stuff.

Mentioned his advertising standards case where he was misleading people with his "valuations".
              I don't have the article in front of me at the moment so I can't quote the exact words but I thought the problem with the valuations was not phoney valuations. It was that the advertisement claimed 20%+ below valuation and the web site averaged around 10% below valuation. Definitely misleading advertising but nothing to suggest the valuations were phoney (or I'm sure you would get 20%+ below valuation )

Those who haven't seen it might like to go to www.empowereducation.co.nz Olly Newland has done a review of Phil & David's current heavily promoted commercial property syndicate and raises a number of valid points (such as the roof is stuffed and the building is old and tired so where are the plans to maintain/upgrade the building)

Comment

Hey Tempo - which country do you live in now?

larry

Comment

Listener and Phil Jones

Larry,

I just got to work. What a gutsy performance the other night against the poms, eh? Shame to get knocked out, but the ABs should do it for us now.

I read the review on that building in Auckland. This fella is out of his league in a big way. Kinda like us playing with the ABs.

Cheers

Tempo

P.S. Have you seen a site called www.propertyreview.com.au? There's a screamer of a piece on Jones.

Comment

Hi Tempo,

Do you have any idea who owns propertyreview.com.au? Looks like there is loads of info. Thanks for the link.

Best Regards

Marc
                    Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

Comment

I am sorry, I don't know the owners. It was sent to me by a friend in Australia. I did read how it had been attacked by viries in a sabotage attempt and that the cops have been called and there could be an arrest which will make history in Oz. The story of that is on their site.

The down-under property scams sure are breathtaking. It's amazing how the rogues operate so openly. I gotta tell ya that if the sort of behaviour that goes on in NZ and Oz was going on in the UK or the USA there would be instant prosecutions. And quite likely arrests. Never mind arguing about it on a chat room!

It seems the tide is turning down under and it's up to guys like you to help keep it all in the public eye. Don't let 'em scare ya, mate.

Cheers

Tempo

Comment

Apparantly the website is registered by "Establishment Public Relations" which is an awesome company name. On a par with "The Firm". Never heard of them & couldn't find the article.
                        SEARCH PropertyTalk, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Hi all,

From an Aus forum - a member posted a part of the Jenman newsletter.

It was only launched a month ago and already it's one of the most popular and respected property sites on the Internet. Have a look.

www.propertyreview.com.au

Best wishes

Neil Jenman
                          e-mail: [email protected]
                          web: www.jenman.com

Best Regards

Marc

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks Tempo for the words of support. We are attracting quite a few companies now asking us to join them etc...

But we keep to our statement of free and independent. So I hope you all won't be missing out on anything by PT not joining them!

Best Regards

Marc

Comment

Originally posted by Marc
                              Hi Tempo,

Do you have any idea who owns propertyreview.com.au? Looks like there is loads of info. Thanks for the link.

Best Regards

Marc
                              Go here Marc

regards,

Jane
                              "How To Rent Stocks and Sell Insurance ...On Any Stock Market"click here

Buy the above book & get these118 products FREE

Comment

Working...
                              X