Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Bloombergin Right!

One Year On
    Lots of gloom and doom to be read, if you go back to the original PT post.
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
      One Year On
      yes but as we haven't had a major correction in values that means we won't ? two major industries in the deep south and far north both very likely to close ..doesn't affect property values ....money is so cheap lets keep the party going ... you don't sober up if you just keep drinking right ?

Comment

• Originally posted by JBM View Post
        yes but as we haven't had a major correction in values that means we won't?
        That's akin to saying just because we haven't had rain for weeks doesn't mean it will never rain.

We all know most such matters are cyclic and usually just need riding out by the well-prepared.
        But I do wonder why so many make predictions, aimed at erratically-moving, cyclic targets.
        Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

That's akin to saying just because we haven't had rain for weeks doesn't mean it will never rain.

We all know most such matters are cyclic and usually just need riding out by the well-prepared.
          But I do wonder why so many make predictions, aimed at erratically-moving, cyclic targets.
          thats what humans do ... I'm predicting the weather is going be fine for Golf this arvo ...I looked at the rain predictor and out the window and I think I'll be right ...

Most seasoned investors have a idea/prediction how the future will play out in their sectors of investment... how right backs up their returns in time

Comment

Mostly it makes people feel better.
            As if they had some control over their world.
            And poor cognition too.

I wonder why you get such great pleasure in trying to take it away from them?
            I suppose that the act of debunking charlatans is a worthwhile pastime.
            Good enough for Houdini, good enough for me.
            Last edited by McDuck; 20-07-2020, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PTILoveYou View Post
              Chinese sharemarket will crash sometime this year...
              Originally posted by speights boy View Post
              About what percentage correction do you expect this to be?
              Originally posted by PTILoveYou View Post
              Judging from the last crash, and the amount of speculation is in China, I say 60% drop, from say 5000 points to 2000 points.
              How'd that 60% crash fare?

Comment

• PERRY! below are next week's lotto results...I am never wrong..NEVER!!

01 ,04, 10, 14 ,15, 20

Bonus
                power ball
                strike

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffa View Post
                  .I am never wrong..NEVER!!
                  Except when you are, which is often.

Comment

• Originally posted by PTILoveYou View Post
                    Judging from the last crash, and the amount of speculation is in China, I say 60% drop, from say 5000 points to 2000 points.
                    How's that prediction looking, now, in Feb 2021?

Comment

How's that prediction looking, now, in Feb 2021?
                      The Chinese sharemarket crashed in 2015 not by 60% but by 30% which is not a bad prediction...why are you bringing it up in 2021?It was a great buying opportunity across all markets that year.

Do you miss Gary that much?

Comment

• Too Bloombergin Right!

One Year On
                        Well, I never. Another epic fail semi-prediction.

Comment

Too Bloombergin Right!

One Year On

Well, I never. Another epic fail semi-prediction.
                          NZ 'at risk' is different from NZ.'will have'

Comment

• That's why I referred to it as a "semi-prediction."

It's really a turn of phrase that allows the soothsayer some wiggle room.

I.e. I'm predicting a house price crash in NZ, but I'm going to fudge the wording to give me an out.

Comment

• Years later.

Exnzpat had "hard evidence."

Anyone seen it?

Original post here. (Dated Aug 2013)

Originally posted by exnzpat View Post
                              Of course, you know "economic disaster ahead" has been my mantra all along. And slowly the pundits are catching up with me, citing things like income to home price parity, rising NZ dollar or any of the host of other things I’ve suggested here on this board over the years. But no one listens. They hear only what they want to hear--and that's fine. I've come to grips with it.

Finally, I’ve got hard evidence the fact. And so, despite what you may think, here it comes…. So hold on to your hats. The money train is about to grind to a lumbering halt in New Zealand (something it should have done in 2008 or 2009, in my opinion), so it’s long overdue.

I expect a mass exodus of the population to find work. I expect to see mass default on mortgages and a crash in the New Zealand dollar. Also, I expect interest rates fall (which will be good for those of us who have hung-in there all this time). Dogs will bark in empty streets and babies will cry. Tumbleweeds will tumble, testament to the terrible times ahead...
                              About the only thing right is interest rates.

Comment

Years later.

Exnzpat had "hard evidence."

Anyone seen it?

Original post here. (Dated Aug 2013)

About the only thing right is interest rates.
                                Perry is a RED in sheep's clothing

He doesn't want anyone to have a different opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X