No announcement yet.

Financial Armageddon!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When their strategic plan is laid out for the next 500 years it is difficult to ruffle their feathers. And almost impossible to stop them also.....

Comment

• The simple fact is the US economy is still fragile, and it's too early to raise rates.

Comment

• The Sky is Falling - Run to The Cave

Gerald Celente Just Warned This Is Not A Correction, It’s The Beginning Of A Total Market Meltdown And Global Collapse

On the heels of continued selling of stocks in China and a monster 600+ point rally in the Dow, the top trends forecaster
        in the world warned King World News that, despite today’s rally, this is not a market correction, it’s the beginning of a total
        market meltdown and global collapse.

Comment

• Doomsday imminent.
          Scary.
          What would happen if Auckland tanks?

He does sound a bit dodgy though
          I forecast that global equity markets would crash by year’s end on King World News.

Comment

• These forums are littered with failed predictions
            and reports of failed predictions. Take your pick.
            It's anyone's guess, really.

Comment

• Here We Are Again, Folks

From 24 August 2013.

Red type is my emphasis.

Original post here.

Originally posted by exnzpat View Post
              Of course, you know "economic disaster ahead" has been my mantra all along. And slowly the pundits are catching up with me, citing things like income to home price parity, rising NZ dollar or any of the host of other things I’ve suggested here on this board over the years. But no one listens. They hear only what they want to hear--and that's fine. I've come to grips with it.

Finally, I’ve got hard evidence the fact. And so, despite what you may think, here it comes…. So hold on to your hats. The money train is about to grind to a lumbering halt in New Zealand (something it should have done in 2008 or 2009, in my opinion), so it’s long overdue.

I expect a mass exodus of the population to find work. I expect to see mass default on mortgages and a crash in the New Zealand dollar. Also, I expect interest rates fall (which will be good for those of us who have hung-in there all this time). Dogs will bark in empty streets and babies will cry. Tumbleweeds will tumble, testament to the terrible times ahead...

Interest rates are certainly down.
              Last edited by Perry; 01-09-2015, 06:50 PM. Reason: fixed title typo

Comment

• Eugene you would have to define "tanks"
                1. Auckland growth slows down, likely but no change
                2. Auckland values drop slightly, likely but no change
                3. Auckland values collapse majorly, not going to happen outside of a global collapse so forget about it.

Comment

• Yep and the world is flat.

Besides which the government didnt protect NZ from a crash half a decade back and falsely keep the dollar at a real world value. We have so much milk and lamb to justify that value. Look in the freezer. And besides which, Auckland is a city based on making things to sell overseas, not a commercial hub that spends its time analysing its on performance in performing processes. We make, ok stumped on that one.

Moving along, the government didnt try to keep an over inflated market going so it provided jobs to builders in one big lump instead of spreading the work over decades and these folk wont struggle to find work soon after.

And lastly, the market everywhere in the world never goes backwards, Ive seen that silly notion so many times, it might plateau, it might go down a little, but dont worry it will shoot right back up at 30% PA soon after and we can go back to sipping Ego-Caps prior to a round of golf mid morning.

Comment

• You mean like it has for over a hundred years? Yes that is likely.

Comment

• You cant make people see the obvious.

I aliken RE greed in NZ to durg cooks. Neither will care at what cost they make money, which is a really stupid ideal.

At some point innocent well intentioned people are going to get burnt, but the guys focussed on profit at all cost wont even bat an eye lid.

What we use to have in NZ was intrinsic wealth. The wealth to be happy being alive because we lived in such a beautiful place, could go camping or go to the beach or play in the park. Thats what greedy investing has robbed NZ of as many can no longer live in an area with such things.

Auckland didnt need to get bigger, and quantify these immigrants, please, is this another muldoon "highly skilled immigrants", because all the highly skilled immigrants with money and kiwis i know that have left UNI have been forced to leave NZ.

Id rather a high standard of living than a select few greedy get rich on progaganda.

Id also rather keep NZ as NZ. If we arent going to develop new business or key hole mine, why do we need to grow?

This city sucks in infrastructure, education and health. Health is terrible in comparison to cities twice the size of Auck yet have cheaper houses.

Cmon.

Comment

• You ignore the facts that we are one of the safest cities in the world, almost perfect weather, desirable living culture, beaches and employment etc. It is unavoidable that we grow. You can't stop it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damap View Post
                          Eugene you would have to define "tanks"
                          1. Auckland growth slows down, likely but no change
                          2. Auckland values drop slightly, likely but no change
                          3. Auckland values collapse majorly, not going to happen outside of a global collapse so forget about it.
                          Yes 1 and 2 are most likely IMO
                          An Ireland scenario would be 3. Less likely.
                          But no one knows.
                          Who was talking about dairy tanking?
                          Energy prices dropping?
                          Some predicted lower interest rates, I didn't

Comment

• Oh true we have some weird stuff going on globally. The world is a strange place. The sun still shines on the water at Bucklands beach though so all is well :-)

Comment

• Id have no surprise if 3 occurred and we adopted an australian currency to bail us out to save face. But I hope we shun those that have borrowed to the hilt and hidden the debt behind trusts etc. Not sure what a global collapse has to do with it when our government has put up a smoke wall that we are yet to pay for, for the last global collapse.

CGT was something that should have occured 10 years ago. Want a big city, play/pay like one.

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
                                You cant make people see the obvious.

I aliken RE greed in NZ to durg cooks. Neither will care at what cost they make money, which is a really stupid ideal.

At some point innocent well intentioned people are going to get burnt, but the guys focussed on profit at all cost wont even bat an eye lid.

What we use to have in NZ was intrinsic wealth. The wealth to be happy being alive because we lived in such a beautiful place, could go camping or go to the beach or play in the park. Thats what greedy investing has robbed NZ of as many can no longer live in an area with such things.

Auckland didnt need to get bigger, and quantify these immigrants, please, is this another muldoon "highly skilled immigrants", because all the highly skilled immigrants with money and kiwis i know that have left UNI have been forced to leave NZ.

Id rather a high standard of living than a select few greedy get rich on progaganda.

Id also rather keep NZ as NZ. If we arent going to develop new business or key hole mine, why do we need to grow?

This city sucks in infrastructure, education and health. Health is terrible in comparison to cities twice the size of Auck yet have cheaper houses.

Cmon.
                                Good points. The future of New Zealand appears to be an overpriced retirement village with low waged low skilled employment.

Australia and other countries have much better opportunities for the young and skilled to get ahead - New Zealand will just be a holiday destination for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X