No announcement yet.

Financial Armageddon!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "If you roll a wheelbarrow of dynamite into a crowd of fire jugglers, there‚Äôs not much chance things will end well.

The cause of the inevitable wreckage is the dynamite, but the trigger is the guy who drops his torch.

Likewise,
    once extreme valuations are established as a result of yield-seeking speculation

that is enabled (1997-2000),

encouraged (2004-2007),

or actively promoted (2010-201
    4) by the Federal Reserve,

an eventual collapse is inevitable."

- John P. Hussman, Ph.D.

(Hussman Funds, Weekly Market Comment. August 24, 2015)

have you defeated them?
    your demons

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluekiwi View Post
      Sharemarket correction is well overdue in my opinion.
      With markets driving higher and higher while those same companies are struggling to stand still.

I guess its only going to drive more money into property.
      After yesterday's fall, today Aussie is up 2.5% and our market made a small gain.

Solid well run companies with solid earnings growth and sensible dividend policy will ignore these market gyrations over the medium term.

People playing silly beggars in China is not going to stop Auntie Mavis from selling up and moving into a retirement home as planned.
      That is for sure.

Comment

• But Davo Auckland property isn't going to halve. Cost of borrowing is what it's all about. We have over a hundred years of history to know the market is robust and only going one way.

Comment

• I agree with all of that eri.

But the thing over the last little while (to continue the analogy) is that on the sidelines there are a bunch of firefighters willing to extinguish any slight spark that might eventuate, and then some dynamite and wheelbarrow sellers who say "Oh it's OK again now..."

So the bubble just inflates and inflates.

And it's not going to be pretty when it pops.
          Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
            I agree with all of that eri.

But the thing over the last little while (to continue the analogy) is that on the sidelines there are a bunch of firefighters willing to extinguish any slight spark that might eventuate, and then some dynamite and wheelbarrow sellers who say "Oh it's OK again now..."

So the bubble just inflates and inflates.

And it's not going to be pretty when it pops.

Na you lost me there Dave, I was right up there with you on the dynamite and fire flingers and fire fighters, but then how does the wheel barrow turn into a bubble.

Is the bubble in the wheel barrow ?

Comment

• The wheelbarrow is a bubble cleverly disguised to look like a barrow?

Comment

• It's true about the wheelbarrow, I'm with Davo on that.
                Advise stay on the side-lines in case a butterfly flaps its wings and there is draft to send the flames away from the firefighters and towards the dynamite.
                Not too long before we have a black swan event.
                Will not be pretty.

Comment

• Might diminish their military and economic influence in the region a bit.
                  So, every cloud...........

English says Government has room to loosen fiscal policy if hard landing in China increases risk of recession; also says RBNZ has much more room to cut given OCR is at 3%

English said it was too early to say if China was experiencing a hard landing, but it was possible as China's local Governments grapple with crippling debts and the central Government in China tries to reorient the economy away from infrastructure investment and towards consumption and services.
                  English says Government has room to loosen fiscal policy if hard landing in China increases risk of recession; also says RBNZ has much more room to cut given OCR is at 3%

Comment

• Originally posted by Eugene View Post
                    It's true about the wheelbarrow, I'm with Davo on that.
                    Advise stay on the side-lines in case a butterfly flaps its wings and there is draft to send the flames away from the firefighters and towards the dynamite.
                    Not too long before we have a black swan event.
                    Will not be pretty.

Come on now you are just being ridiculous is it a Butterfly or a Swan ?

Comment

• Don't forget that Butterfly farming is high risk.
                      I think this is why!

Comment

• Interesting article (I think)

Comment

• Good article Wayne
                          Quite scary.
                          Makes sense

Comment

• I find seekingalpha has a lot of sensible articles.

Comment

• Ahhhh.......Bless.

I refuse to believe I'm in denial.

"We were wronged."
                              China official blames Fed for global market rout, not yuan

Comment

• Love it - so typical of China.
                                The Fed signals their possible move many times and
                                suddenly after a (un-signalled and out of the blue) Yuan devaluation the market moves
                                but it is the Fed.
                                Brilliant!

Comment

Working...
                                X