Financial Armageddon!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YAWN......

lets get back to discussion not pointless argument. Spaceman if you want to argue the point go read Keynes first.
    The mission of any business enterprise should include the aim to develop economic conditions rather than simply react to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by spaceman View Post
      Its like a broken pencil
      You are the broken pencil.
      The majority of Spaceman post's is oxymoronic dribble, ranting and raving with big pictures like a childs tantrum.

Last edited by Sepherial; 16-01-2011, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• ZZZZZZ..indeed

Originally posted by Austrokiwi View Post
        YAWN......

lets get back to discussion not pointless argument. Spaceman if you want to argue the point go readhttp://www.propertytalk.com/forum/images/editor/color.gif Keynes first.
        This from the person who believes there is such a thing as bank money. Go and read some of the economists who disagree with Keynes, perhaps even some of those who were awarded the Nobel prize for disagreeing with Keynes (paraphrasing here of course). Since you seem to be so enamoured with the Noble prize, which BTW (as I'm sure you already know) Keynes never won. Joeseph Stiglitz might be a good start for you

I feel that peoples basic understanding of money is germane to a thread on FINANCIAL ARMAGEDDON..... and thus the opinion of anybody who seriously believes in the MONEY MASTERS clap trap should be ridiculed in much the same way as believers in the Daniel Code etc etc.

Cheers
        Spaceman
        Last edited by spaceman; 16-01-2011, 04:08 PM.

Comment

. . . as believers in the Danial Code etc etc.
          A Freudian slip? You almost got it right.
          Just that you spelled denial incorrectly.
          Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

• Business decision-makers believe New Zealand is not headed for a double-dip recession, a poll commissioned by the Sunday Star-Times shows.
            Almost half (49.6%) of those with key decision-making roles in business say they do not believe the country will go back into recession, auguring if not a return to growth in 2011, at least no return to decline.
            But optimism that New Zealand will avoid a fresh downturn does not mean there is much hope for a quick return to growth.
            Just over half (55.1%) of those polled either believed it would take two to three years – or even 4-5 years – for "a strong economic recovery" to emerge. That figure rose to 65.1% among business decision-makers able to make the investment decisions that will play a part in shaping any such recovery.

But he said those feeling most optimistic were exporters as few saw the New Zealand consumer likely to reopen the wallet in the coming year.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/4545...-worst-is-over
            have you defeated them?
            your demons

Comment

This from the person who believes there is such a thing as bank money. Go and read some of the economists who disagree with Keynes, perhaps even some of those who were awarded the Nobel prize for disagreeing with Keynes (paraphrasing here of course). Since you seem to be so enamoured with the Noble prize, which BTW (as I'm sure you already know) Keynes never won. Joeseph Stiglitz might be a good start for you

I feel that peoples basic understanding of money is germane to a thread on FINANCIAL ARMAGEDDON..... and thus the opinion of anybody who seriously believes in the MONEY MASTERS clap trap should be ridiculed in much the same way as believers in the Danial Code etc etc.

Cheers
              Spaceman
              Boring Nothing new Same old rant.
              The mission of any business enterprise should include the aim to develop economic conditions rather than simply react to them.

Comment

• Yes you're quite right is rather boring being correct in the face of your, quite obvious to anybody with a modicum of common sense, blatantly ridiculous belief that banks can magic money out of thin air.

You're quite entitled to live in your fantasy world and I'm sure it is boring for you as well when the error of your ways gets pointed out to you repeatedly...... nonetheless I think it is from time to time necessary to post the correct version of the way things work in case your stupidity is contagious.

Cheers
                Spaceman
                Last edited by spaceman; 16-01-2011, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• @ Perry

That about sums you up...... can't respond in any where near a sensible fashion on the subject, so have a crack at a typo.

heres' a frw moar four you.

Cheers
                  Spaceman

Comment

• What a nice little Tirade from SM. SM you just don't seem to get it.... Money is not a simple easily described quantity/quality. Keynes described several types. In fact he described three forms (commodity,Fiat, and managed) then each form was broken down into types.

The issue is trying to adequately define each type of money By its use. Yes people disagree with Keynes in monetary theory ( How money should be managed) but I not have seen ,many people rubbish his definitions, if anything they try to expand them) Bank money is only one type of money and despite your claims to the contrary no one has intimated or inferred that it is magicked out of thin air. For two years you have ranted on about this one miss-perception you have with other peoples posts...............The fact is you have taken the literalistic approach to peoples posts and, hopefully deliberately, have lacked the flexibility of cognition to understand the principles behind what many are trying to say. As a result you diminish the discussions to nit picking and whos-the-king-of-the-castle rather than adding any value to the points people have been trying to make.

I repeat in regards to your posts: Boring!

Comment

• LOL @ your lack of reading skills

Austrokiwi says
                      despite your claims to the contrary no one has intimated or inferred that it is magicked out of thin air
                      But wait .... what's this??????

Why it's a whole bunch of quotes from various people saying that money is created out of thin air by the banks

The banks that are lending money create most (some countries all) of the money out of thin air and then charge interest on it

no one wants to admit to "money creation" based on thin air

Just print your own money and sell it at full price to whomever

The money is created from nothing

but the BNZ/ASB and any other commercial bank creates electronic money which is exchangable on demand by clients for RBNZ notes.

Over time, a total of $10,000 in money is created

Commercial banks don't print cash notes or coin, we all know that, but they do create money out of thin air

No other business, by government decree, has been given the ability to conjure into existence its stock in trade

FRB is creating money 'out of thin air

Banks do this based on the borrowers promise to pay, and then charge interest on the newly created money

But this means that Chase Manhattan can create deposits based on these reserves

New money IS created by commercial banks
                      Gosh Austrokiwi looks like you're wrong again

A bit like when you said..

Here is a scan of a Scottish 10 pound note ( I've been using it as a book mark) it is legal tender in Scotland
                      ..... remember how you were wrong about that and couldn't admit it????

My posts may well be boring but at least they are correct..... yours are boring and wrong.

Cheers
                      Spaceman
                      Last edited by spaceman; 17-01-2011, 12:13 AM.

Comment

• I was wrong it wasn't deliberate cognitive inflexibility it is natural. I guess we just have to be sympathetic to those limitations

Comment

• Well colour me surprised......no if's but's or maybe's just a frank admission that you were wrong.

Well done.

Cheers
                          Spaceman

Comment

My posts may well be boring but at least they are correct.....
                            Posts?
                            Rant's, lacking any cohesion of sense.

Comment

• Many in Westminster, including myself, expected the Labour Party to have by now acknowledged, and apologised for, the standout failing of its time in office: allowing public spending to run out of control in the years before the financial crisis. After the longest economic expansion in British history, the government should not have still been borrowing to spend. Instead of going into the recession with a warchest, it went in with a deficit. Recognise this error, say sorry, take the hit, and move on, would seem to be the intellectually honest and politically canny thing to do.
                              Instead, Ed Miliband has manoeuvred his party into a bizarre and extremely unpromising position. In recent op-eds, yesterday's speech to the Fabian Society conference, and today's appearance on the BBC, he has rejected the notion that Labour overspent.

The 2.4% deficit the government was running would have been fine, he says, were it not for the banking crisis, which caused tax revenues to evaporate while requiring massive amounts to be spent on bailouts and fiscal stimuli. In other words, if only economic growth were endless, if only recessions did not happen, if only this pesky "economic cycle" thing would go away, governments could spend freely and perpetually

http://www.economist.com/blogs/bligh...urs_blame_game
                              Last edited by eri; 17-01-2011, 06:08 PM.
                              have you defeated them?
                              your demons

Comment

• Originally posted by Austrokiwi View Post
                                I was wrong it wasn't deliberate cognitive inflexibility it is natural. I guess we just have to be sympathetic to those limitations
                                Oooh, that's a shot and it seems to have gone over the top of his head
                                Errol.

Comment

Working...
                                X