sue laurie...property strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sue laurie...property strategy

What are thoughts out there concerning Sue Laurie property strategy.Understand basic principal and see it possibly being advantages in areas with student population but can see difficultiesespecially using property managers.Also she claims the number of rooms is not of overiding importance....can't understand this logic..is there any?

Go to the course and find out. I've known Sue for 3 years and she is a class act. She wouldn't be teaching anything that didn't work IMHO.

Comment

This is the only RM event I have seen that I would be interested in attending.

It's a damn pity that it is a RM event.

Peter Aranyi - do you want to steal her material and put on the course? (You know - tit for tat?)

Paul.

Comment

Now that's funny Paul

Comment

Sue is a great operator. I too have known Sue now for over 3 years and have found her to be extremely good in what she does. I also know of a number of people who have used the systems she applies and like any system it always comes down to the person who is trying to apply it. there are now a number of property managers in Chch who do this type of management and can help you to make it work.
          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDad View Post
            This is the only RM event I have seen that I would be interested in attending.

It's a damn pity that it is a RM event.

Peter Aranyi - do you want to steal her material and put on the course? (You know - tit for tat?)

Paul.

Are you also excluded from RM events Paul. I thought it was only the forum.
            [email protected]

Comment

How much do events like these normally cost and what is the demographic of the attendees?
              Erewhon is still erehwon, I don’t see it changing anytime soon.

http://exnzpat.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have watched Dean's DVD series and unfortunately she was only on for about 10 minutes.
                No offense intended Dean but she was the best speaker on the DVD, shame you couldnt give her longer.

In the time that she spoke she crystalised for me, exactly what I should be doing.
                (Of course Dean and Matt were also good).

If I can convince my wife to spend the money I will go.
                (I reckon I have got 2 chances slim and none but if you dont ask you dont get)

Anyone have her e-mail address I would like to ask a couple of questions.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.Wont be attending but will have a read

Comment

So what is this woman advocating? Running small boarding houses?

And this is the road to riches?

Well I've managed a boarding house. It's a sh*t job and doesn't make you that much money.

Must be better ways to go about making a living than this, surely?

David
                    Squadly dinky do!

Comment

room by room rental is the latest trend to `up` yields, you have got to be desperate to use that strategy.

Comment

Great idea

Forumites

I have never seen Sue speak, but I have met her personally and I think Sue is a good operator and like most of us she has had a few public blunders

Regardless of that - The strategy is great - I support good ideas then will make a decision - If I can get the results like her then I am her biggest supporter

I like people who step up to the plate and give it a go - and please do not hassle me because I support what Sue is doing who is also a RM franchise -we are all bigger than this

The idea is great and if Sue can show us how this works and we can be done easily will become a goldmine to all of us

Comment

Why is the typesetting always identical on these types of hype-filled internet ads for various products?! I always become suspicious seeing the same layout and strategy repeatedly used on these types of products...

I am with Davo, Rent by the Room is just a glorified boarding house. I'm sure this strategy can create positive cashflow, but you'll be in very messy situations, everything from getting involved in inter-tenant personality conflicts, to cleaning up chit which someone left on the toilet seat. This is not what you want to invest in property for.

When you break down the positive cashflow to your own input and time, you're effectively buying yourself a JOB. Maybe for some people starting out it it's an effective strategy, but I think you need economies of scale to make it really worthwhile.

Personally I'd rather fly to Australia and hear Michael Yardney speak, which would be cheaper than this seminar.

Boarding House Horrors - OK! I don't want you to think this strategy is all about essentially running boarding houses, it's not...unless this is the route you want to take. But there are similarities and I will talk you through the pros and cons of boarding houses versus room by room residential property.
                          Maybe they're making distinctions between boarding houses and room by room residential so that they don't get invloved with GST and compliance issues. I'd be interested to hear what they believed the difference is.

Comment

A few years ago I looked at buying a house that was occupied by 6 individuals all paying a separate rent. The house was practically a wreck. It had grass growing on its roof. The kitchen had been removed at some stage to make a bedroom, and in a hallway was a hotplate and microwave – fortunately right next to a bathroom so this makeshift kitchen did at least have running water. It had a couple of broken windows and fake bedroom walls hemmed with a sack-like material – which actually turned out to be made from old sacks. In short; this thing was a dump occupied by at least six (that we were aware of) University students; however the house had very good bones and was in a fantastic location with a great view. It was advertised as a great rental noting that all the students would stay on after purchase. Each student had their own lease arrangement which was about the only good thing I can say for the entire operation.

I reckoned it was going to cost about 100k to fix up but was still worth it. Plus on day one I planned to give marching orders to each and everyone of the students (and their sacks). So I went to the auction and went up to my max which was about 20k higher than asking price and then out of nowhere some Korean guy bid 70k higher. It turned out that one of the students living in the house was the son of this guy. Naturally, I backed down and the Korean dad got the house. What’s worse is that the Korean dad paid too much for the place and there is no way the income from the property is paying the mortgage – bad investment from his end; no matter how many students he crams into the place!

Every now and then I drive by that house. It is still full of students and there is still grass growing on its roof – such a shame.
                            Erewhon is still erehwon, I don’t see it changing anytime soon.

http://exnzpat.blogspot.com/

Comment

I totaly agree with exnzpat because he drove past one once and thats enough for me.

Don't listen to what this woman has to say at any cost.

I mean for god sake people there was grass on the roof what more proof do you need!!!

It's ovious by driving past this place he's put in enough research that nothing Sue has to say will come to anything and we will all take a huge hit.

Cheers for clearing that up.

And whats more Spurner doesn't like the type setting so we should all throw rocks at her too.

I heard she's got cootees.

Also Davo36 day's it's a Shit job, and you all know that if Davo can't make it work then it can't be done.

Comment

Working...
                              X