Has Anybody Bought Recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anybody Bought Recently?

95% of the posts on PT are hypothetical, of peoples opinions on what stage of the slump we are at. Or discussing headlines and other peoples opinions like "house prices are 30% over valued". (all of which is fine).

I'm interested in peoples experiences in the last few months, and what they have been doing:

Have you been making low offers with some or no success?
    Have you applied for finance recently, what was the response?
    Especially, have you bought or nearly bought anything recently? Please tell us your story!

I'm sure we'd all like to hear some real life stories.

Cheers,

House prices are more than 30% over-valued. Therefore, I'm not buying anything - and neither should anyone else with half a brain.

Comment

House prices are more than 30% over-valued
      I'm a bot confused, can you clarify: 30% over-valued compared to what?
      Don't argue with idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Compared to their actual value, ie, what you can rent them for.

Comment

Great, thanks! I have more questions if you don't mind?

So you are saying that investment flats are overvalued compared to ACTUAL value? What "actual" actually means in this context? Also, what sort of yield you use in your calculations precisely? Do you use gross yield or net yield? How do you estimate outgoings if you use net yield? Is there anyone who would agree to sell their investment flats if you made an offer based on your way of calculating value?
          I don't think that you are silly enough to value owner occupied houses on their rental return only - that would be crazy thing to do...
          Don't argue with idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Ivanhoe: I don't even need to get into gross yield or net yield. The market has tanked. The only buyers at present are ill-informed fools. If it costs twice as much to buy than to rent, there is only one way that the market price can go, and that's down.

Am quite happy to renew the discussion in six months time. If I'm wrong, I'll eat my cat.

(PS - I own a cat, and am quite fond of it.)

Comment

GreeFish, are you dodging my questions because you have nothing tangible to say or there's another item in your hidden agenda?

Comment

LOL @ Greenfish, Joined last month and has already got to "Forum Junkie" status.
                Keep up the good humoured and often, (sometimes not though) well thought out posts mate, I enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Fish View Post
                  I'll eat my cat.
                  I ate mine last night, and now I have a strange craving for jellymeat!?

Comment

LOL @ Greenfish, Joined last month and has already got to "Forum Junkie" status.
                    I would be VERY suspicious about anyone who has made unreasonable number of posts here.

Comment

well maybe, but i've followed all the threads, and he doesn't appear to have alterior motives, in fact he is a big proponant of fairness, logic and common sense.

Maybe he's just drunk tonight, it is Saturday after all and his posts tonight have a certain callousness to them lol

Comment

I got it, i got, I got it!
                        GreeFish has this secret thing about cats so GreenFish is creating 6 month set up by posting these outrageous ideas so GreenFish can say to his/her cat 6 months later: "Sorry mate I know how you feel about it but I promised Ivanhoe now I just HAVE to do it!" yum, yum, yum...
                        What a patience! I would not wait for 6 months, I would be like "Sorry mate, it's cat eat cat world"

Comment

Originally posted by Ivanhoe View Post
                          I would be VERY suspicious about anyone who has made unreasonable number of posts here.

Why?

Just because you might not agree with what someone might have to say, doesn't mean that they can't contribute to a public forum.

(......anyway this is off track from spurners initial thread....back to the topic aye?)

Comment

anyway this is off track from spurners initial thread....back to the topic aye?
                            We are just simply contributing to 95% of posts here. Another 7 posts and we will run out of the "hypothetical" posts quota in this thread and will have to say something on the subject!
                            It's not that I disagree with what someone might say and anyone can contribute to a public forum. Having said that...
                            Hey, GreenFish, do you own any real estate? If you do, what do you think it's worth?

Comment

outspoken has got me sussed.

Comment

Working...
                              X