Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 day Lease options course - $399?

Hi All

What do you think of this one day lease option course for $399 (conducted by David Leon)?...does it sound too good to be true?

http://www.david-leon.com/Events/Lea...3/Default.aspx

Your feedback appreciated...am thinking you can't lose with $399, or can you?

hi kre8eve,

if thats your strategy and you think it might prompt you to take action then go for it. just make sure you apply the knowledge in practice and don't become a seminar junkie!

Comment

Originally posted by Kre8eve View Post
      Hi All

What do you think of this one day lease option course for $399 (conducted by David Leon)?...does it sound too good to be true?

http://www.david-leon.com/Events/Lea...3/Default.aspx

Your feedback appreciated...am thinking you can't lose with $399, or can you?
      Hello krate,

If I offered to sell you an old garden shed for $1,000 while others were charging $2,500 would you think it was too good an opportunity to miss?

xris
      Last edited by xris; 30-04-2008, 09:53 PM.

Comment

The real reason:

http://www.david-leon.com/PropertyDe...4/Default.aspx
        OllyN [email protected]
        Independent Property Consultant
        Residential and Commercial Solutions

Comment

Hi Kre8eve

Are you involved with promoting this event, or asking the question as a prospective attendee?
          Either way, I would want to know whether the contracts have been road tested successfully in New Zealand
          'Never let the wild bastards grind you down'. Winston Churchill.

Comment

At least two of them have: Assignments and novations. But those documents have nothing to with a rent-to-buy arrangement. Those documents would be used if someone had entered into an agreement to purchase a property and wanted to transfer their interest under the agreement.

I note from OllyN's post that apart from advising on rent-to-buy arrangements, the promoter also offers "discounted property deals". It may be that the excellent returns that these properties will earn if rented-to-buy will justify the "discounted" price. The only hitch that I can see is that the price isn't discounted. It's inflated. And no sensible tenant will touch the rent-to-buy notion. So the property that you paid far too much for will sit there empty while you make your futile attempts to find a tenant that is stupid enough to rent-to-buy. The property will then be rented for its market rent and you will lose thousands of dollars each year until it all gets too much and you sell the property at a loss.

In my opinion.

Comment

http://www.david-leon.com/DavidsBlog...6/Default.aspx

Scroll down to find the drink of the gods, the elixir of life, all for US$45.00 a bottle.
              Last edited by xris; 30-04-2008, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Thanks

Sharpie
                Thanks for the compliments. Yes. Rent to buy, leases with option to purchase, sales by agreement, vendor finance etc etc were old hat when I bought my first property in 1961.
                Sharpie may recall a wheeler dealer called Doug Boulton who thrived on these deals from the 1940's to the 1970's throughout Auckland. It was nothing for him to do six deals day. I learned the whole business from him as well as from all the real estate agents. Then I became his competitor which was enormous fun. These deals were necessary as bank mortgage money was almost impossible to obtain at the time so creative ways had to invented. In fact these deals were all written up in my first book " The Coming NZ Property Boom" published 1978. ( pages 124-132) Those were the days!!
                OllyN [email protected]

Comment

Some people might say that the quality of David Leon's training is likely to be proportional to the quality of his copywriting... Not that I know anything about him, but I lost count of the spelling mistakes in his ad page and that doesn't bode well to me.

Comment

Olly, you seem a bit skeptical about lease options/rent to buy though?
                    I curious: if you did this type of deals in the past and did well why wouldn't you at least comment about the favorably?
                    Don't argue with idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Comment

In repy

Ivanhoe: I have no problem with the processes at all.
                      It just seems bizarre that these very old and well known schemes, are being peddled as something new.
                      OllyN [email protected]

Comment

OK, thanks for your prompt reply.
                        Interesting that most agents never heard about it - but most of them were in industry for 2 years on average...
                        I'll go to the local library first thing tomorrow, would it be OK if I asked couple of questions after reading " The Coming NZ Property Boom" ( pages 124-132)?
                        (maybe in a separate thread unless you don't mind giving David a bit of free publicity to boost his attendance)
                        Don't argue with idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I agree that rent to buys have been around a long time. Hundreds of the ex army houses bought by a couple of investors in Papakura were sold on rent to buys around 2000.

Heaps around South Auckland in the 80's and 90's.

There's nothing wrong with cash flow strategies as a business model. Just need to be aware of the structure and GST implications now-a-days and the need to run the business ethically (ie not setting up purchasers to fail).

John

Comment

The fox says

Scroll down to find the drink of the gods, the elixir of life, all for US$45.00 a bottle.

And the reverend led the feeble to Jonestown where a great pyramid was built. They lived, isolated, indoctrinated and sedated. From their putrid loins false gods and clones were spawn.

They chanted, "lo slo, lo slo, lo slo, lo slo, lo slo, lo slo, lo slo, lo slo. [Repeat] and they drank……..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones
                            Last edited by foxinthehenhouse; 01-05-2008, 01:31 PM.

Comment

What is it about property and juice? Doesn't Richmastery also sell some sort of juice concoction?

I don't see any connection, apart from vodka.
                              Last edited by Green Fish; 01-05-2008, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X