Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$100,000 equity to play with but hubby says WAIT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glenn
    replied
    Originally posted by essence View Post
    Hey!! Didn't say it was a great Bible class!! Probably why I don't set foot in a religious building at all these days.

Gave me the wonderful, tic, tic, tic, that I've got.
    Yes obviously a hieratical blasfamous deviant false sectarian group.
    The bible class should have stuck to what they do best.
    Matching and hatching.

Leave a comment:

• essence
    replied
    Originally posted by Glenn View Post
    What sort of Bible class taught you that saying?
    Hey!! Didn't say it was a great Bible class!! Probably why I don't set foot in a religious building at all these days.

Gave me the wonderful, tic, tic, tic, that I've got.

Leave a comment:

• Monid
    replied
    Originally posted by Julian View Post
    MarniH,

I think what you are suggesting is very wise and will make you a fortune. I admire your business skills, which will obviously help you enormously.

These mean bastards and bastardettes on this forum are trying to put you off so they can snaffle up your deal. But I can see you are on to them.

Best of luck with the purchase, not that you need it.

Julian
    Julian you are an evil evil man!

Cheers
    David

Marni, you really weren't being flamed or having people try and put you off your investment opportunity, instead they were trying to help you.

Leave a comment:

• captaincrab
    replied
    Hi MarniH,
    A question please. I note you said you were buying a "serviced apartment". Does this come with a Management Lease in place and is Zero rated for GST? Sometimes these are hard to sell, which may explain the price reduction.
    That said there are some good ones (ie Ernest Duvel does a good job in Chch), can you be specific?

Leave a comment:

• Glenn
    replied
    Originally posted by essence View Post
    ... make sure you quote the whole saying.

Patience is a virtue,
    Possess it if you can,
    Seldom in a woman,
    NEVER IN A MAN

About the only bloody thing I learnt in all the enforced Bible classes I went to!!! LOL.

Sorry, for take the focus off the thread.
    What sort of Bible class taught you that saying?
    This is what I found on google.

From "Random House Dictionary of Popular Proverbs and Sayings" by Gregory Y. Titelman (Random House, New York, 1996): "Patience is a virtue. The ability to wait for something without excessive frustration is a valuable character trait. The proverb has been traced back to 'Piers Plowman' (1377) by William Langland and is similar to the Latin, Maxima enim..patientia virtus (Patience is the greatest virtue) and the French, Patience est une grant vertu. (Patience is a great value.) Some ten years after Langland, Chaucer wrote in 'The Canterbury Tales' (1386) that 'Patience is a high virtue.' Sometimes followed by the wry rejoinder 'but virtue can hurt you.' First cited in the United States in 1724 in the 'Works of Thomas Chalkley' (1766)..."

Leave a comment:

• poormastery
    replied
    Sometimes you read about wannabee investors on property forums who have perennially dithered, and have talked about investing for 10 years, but never bought anything! Marni has had the guts to take action, so should receive credit for that.

On the other hand, you also read about people who have dived in, seemingly thoughtlessly, and lost money (occasionally everything they had) and their health in the process.

I suppose that I have been thinking quite a bit about the unfortunate Bluechip investors lately. I wonder how many of them would have invested in this company if they had sought advice about this here beforehand? I suspect that if they had posted here, there would have been a number of replies from cautious investors, such as the humble poormastery, who would have counselled against the blue chip business model of “guaranteed rents for off plan apartments”.

Irrespectively, like most things in life, I think that with regards to property investing, balance is vitally important.

It sounds like Marni and her husband make a good team, with a combination of enthusiasm and patience.

I certainly didn’t intend to put Marni off posting here, or worse put her off property investing – just maybe suggesting she pauses for air sometimes. Good luck!

Rgds,
    *poormastery*
    Last edited by poormastery; 18-01-2008, 07:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• drelly
    replied
    Julian!

Leave a comment:

• Hound
    replied
    Julian, you are the antithesis of a "dream stealer" ;o}

Leave a comment:

• ream
    replied
    Originally posted by MarniH View Post
    As nice as it would be to meet you, that's not likely to happen. I live 31/2 hours south of Christchurch and was only up there on Monday for the day.
    Oops yes sorry, forgot that bit

Still, one day maybe, when you come up to check on your apartment

Eli

Leave a comment:

• MarniH
    replied
    Hi Eli

As nice as it would be to meet you, that's not likely to happen. I live 31/2 hours south of Christchurch and was only up there on Monday for the day.

What are partners for if they aren't there to keep you in check from time to time? Gawd knows what I'd do if he wasn't around

I know I don't know everything, and I have a lot to learn, that's why I am here.

So hopefully now things will quieten down a bit and they bastard/bastardettes will find their next victim to play with. I guess they've worked out I'm not going to play!

Leave a comment:

• Julian
    replied
    MarniH,
    Look forward to hearing about your next property, and the one after that. You're not going to stand still while all these wousers worry about every little detail - and miss out on all the good opportunities that come your way! You'll be onto your third, fourth or fifth property before many of them have gotten out of bed. Good on you! Go for it! $100k better than GV - lets see some of these suckers beat that, eh.
    Julian

Leave a comment:

• ream
    replied
    Hope I don't come under the category of mean bastardette, I wasn't after your deal honest! My husband & I have to keep each other in check sometimes, but it's not always the same one who wants to race ahead.

I'm sure we'll meet at the next Chch get-together anyway, be good to have some more women around so glad you're still here

Eli

Leave a comment:

• MarniH
    replied
    Ha ha ha Julian

You aren't the first person on here that's told me that. The only thing I've come close to being put off is being part of this forum. If they think for a second they've put me off property investing, they are sadly mistaken.

Cheers for your comments. It's nice to know there are a few kindered spirits on here!

Leave a comment:

• Julian
    replied
    MarniH,

I think what you are suggesting is very wise and will make you a fortune. I admire your business skills, which will obviously help you enormously.

These mean bastards and bastardettes on this forum are trying to put you off so they can snaffle up your deal. But I can see you are on to them.

Best of luck with the purchase, not that you need it.

Julian

Leave a comment:

• MarniH
    replied
    I haven't left yet

Sarah - Thank you so much...it's really nice to know there's another "me" on here.

Superdad - Thanks again Paul. We spoke yesterday through PM and I think we understand each other a little better now. I hope one day to be able to welcome criticism like you can.

I guess that's what I've found the most difficult on here, is that those who have "roasted" me don't know the first thing about me, yet they still feel that they have a right to give me a serve. I guess what really got up my nose was that they don't know me, or who I am, yet they made some pretty big judgements.

So maybe there's a lesson in this for all of us. Those who like to "roast" maybe your fire is a little too hot, and for those who feel they are being "Roasted" maybe we need to pull that flame-proof outfit on a little tighter.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X