Skylight Woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skylight Woes

Below is an image of my finished skylight. It's a botched job in my view. Any suggestions for what has gone wrong? - I think that the contractor ordered skylight panes that were too large for the boxing and therefore the internal framing has been exposed.

Although the contractor is an over-stretched and highly volatile character, I'm considering holding back the cost of the quote and skylight glass and requiring him to redo it within a reasonable time-frame -.e.g. a month. And then if not done, simply get another roofer to redo the work. There'll be drama and threats but so it goes.

Any suggestions for a quicker easier option or any constructive comments are welcome. The contractor claims the flashing can't be sorted to cover this.

Thanks,
    CKD

Hi CKD

Please can you upload an image of your skylight or use a free service like https://imgbb.com/ to host the image and you just share its URL. Google drive needs a Google account.

thanks

Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Hey thank you for your reply and advice Donna.

I've since had a good discussion with the tradie in question and he's offered a solution along with a lot of 'reasons' why it is like it was always going to look like it does. No matter, a way of making it look like it's meant to be has been arrived at.

Will do as you suggest in future.

Comment

Working...
      X