Leaky garage door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaky garage door

We have just carpeted our garage and insulated the door. It's a standard non-insulated door, but it lets huge amounts of water in through the gaps between each panel. As we have just installed new carpet and new insulation, I need to stop the rain coming in. Does anyone know what I can do to seal the gaps without affecting the movement of the door? I've been able to find floor seals, but not panel seals. Thanks in advance!

Did you find a solution? You can buy foam tape from Bunnings/Mitre10 that's small enough to fit between the gaps. It won't affect the movement of the door as it's only attached to one side of each panel. When the door is shut, it will simply squash to size and fill the gap. We had the same issue in our first house. The tape actually stopped the door rattling so much in the wind as well. Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks James! I had no luck from the company that installed the garage door, which was really annoying. Seems like no one was prepared to take responsibility. I have bought some of the tape you recommended and so far, so good! I bought something like this https://www.mitre10.co.nz/shop/raven...black/p/212738 - it's not quite as thick, but it's a sponge-like tape. I have tested it and no water is coming through, so fingers crossed it's as easy as that! Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
      X