Healthy Homes Standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healthy Homes Standard

I am looking for some advice for my situation.

I recently accepted a quote from my managing agent for replacing an oven for one of my investment properties in NZ. The quote was around $800 for a Vogue oven including delivery and installation. However, I later on found that I can get the same Vogue oven from Trade Depot for $600, which means my agent's quote was 33% more.

Although I felt upset about it but $200 is not a big amount. The issue is that my managing agent is going to arrange three new heat pumps for my three investment properties in NZ.

According to Trade Depot, I can probably buy three Media heat pumps for $6,300 (including installation). However, when I ask my agent to order from Trade Depot, my agent said Trade Depot is not their supplier so I have to order myself and I need to make sure that they meet the Healthy Home standard. My agent is still waiting the quote from her supplier and I think it will be much more expensive.

I thought the managing agent should let me choose the supplier and they should arrange the installation and make sure it meets the Healthy Home standard? Am I expecting too much?

I have a heathy home report for each property, am I correct that as long as the heat pump's capacity meet the report's recommended size then it will be fine?

Sometimes, it's in the small print. (Not the PM Agreement!)
    E.g. What warranties come with the two differing potential suppliers of heat pumps?
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
      Sometimes, it's in the small print. (Not the PM Agreement!)
      E.g. What warranties come with the two differing potential suppliers of heat pumps?
      For the heat pumps, the one I've found from Trade Depot has 5 years warranty (12 months labour)

For the oven, my agent's supplier provides 1 year warranty and Trade Depot provides 2 years warranty.

Comment

Well, then - that should help you decide.
        Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
          Well, then - that should help you decide.
          My worry is how do I ensure that the product and the installation from Trade Depot meets the healthy home standard? Do I just need to make sure the heat pump capacity meets the capacity requirement in the report? Is there anything else?

Comment

Thing is, if there is ever an application to the Tenancy Tribunal by a tenant that a heat pump does not meet the HH standard - unlikely but not impossible - then it is easily rebutted by providing the specs for the unit and the calculation from the HH app. Pic of the installation would be useful. Just a matter of keeping the records.

Most of the HH standards are not required until 2024 if there is no change of tenant.
            Last edited by artemis; 10-04-2021, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by artemis View Post
              Thing is, if there is ever an application to the Tenancy Tribunal by a tenant that a heat pump does not meet the HH standard - unlikely but not impossible - then it is easily rebutted by providing the specs for the unit and the calculation from the HH app. Pic of the installation would be useful. Just a matter of keeping the records.

Mot of the HH standards are not required until 2024 if there is no change of tenant.
              My managing agent told me it has to be done by July 2021? I currently live in Australia so I am not sure about the time frame.

Comment

If Artemis is correct - very likely - methinks you need a new "managing agent."

Comment

Working...
                X