Water quality issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water quality issues

I bought myself a US-made Pure Magic water distiller. A jug of water is about 4L. At the end of each run, I am left with a small amount of water discoloured grey with crap. And our water in NZ is supposed to be safe...?

Here is the unit -

The grey crap is probably contaminants coming off the distiller.
    It's made in the USA isn't it?

Comment

It took a few days for the "new distiller" taste to abate. But the left over water (in the boiling jug) is still crappy. So no.
      Last edited by PTWhatAGreatForum; 16-05-2018, 07:12 PM.

Comment

It’s probably just calcium carbonate and other trace minerals which are found in natural water. Try dissolving it in a little vinegar and it should dissolve. Like electric jug scale.
        Last edited by hawkeye; 16-05-2018, 09:20 AM. Reason: Adding to

Comment

Try buying a bottle of mineral water and distilling that! 4 x as much crap left over..
          Most municipal water is higher quality than bottled drinking water which doesn't have to meet the Drinking Water Standard because it is a 'food".

Comment

Originally posted by Shalodge View Post
            Try buying a bottle of mineral water and distilling that! 4 x as much crap left over..
            Most municipal water is higher quality than bottled drinking water which doesn't have to meet the Drinking Water Standard because it is a 'food".
            That's funny.

Yes councils do a good job with water. Unless you're WaterCare in Auckland...
            Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Working...
            X