No announcement yet.

Fibre installation in a small BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well this week Chorus (actually UCG) turned up and we put it in. The installation went rather well but mostly because I had done some preparatory trenching (including renting a concrete cutter and cutting through my driveway) and I also was present on site to watch the install across all the townhouses. All up I spent around $500 and a few hours of my time to make sure that it was done the way I wanted. Now the lead-in cable is securely buried under concrete until it hits the first dwelling. After that it's tidily surface-mounted the rest of the way down. The internal work will be done this coming week. So the moral of the story is: work out exactly what you want - if needs be spend a little money and on the installation day watch them like a hawk.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlot Mike View Post
      Well this week Chorus (actually UCG) turned up and we put it in. The installation went rather well but mostly because I had done some preparatory trenching (including renting a concrete cutter and cutting through my driveway) and I also was present on site to watch the install across all the townhouses. All up I spent around $500 and a few hours of my time to make sure that it was done the way I wanted. Now the lead-in cable is securely buried under concrete until it hits the first dwelling. After that it's tidily surface-mounted the rest of the way down. The internal work will be done this coming week. So the moral of the story is: work out exactly what you want - if needs be spend a little money and on the installation day watch them like a hawk.
      I'd say that's good advice. I have to do this at my property at some point and so will do the same: Work out exactly how it's to be done and stand there watching them making sure it's done that way.
      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
        I'd say that's good advice. I have to do this at my property at some point and so will do the same: Work out exactly how it's to be done and stand there watching them making sure it's done that way.
        For sure... and the techs were ok with me looking over their shoulder because they ended up with a happy customer which they admitted was not all that common.

Comment

Working...
        X