Topliss Shower head removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topliss Shower head removal?

Hi - I am keen to remove this Topliss standard showerhead from one of my properties to replace it with a male standard fitting.

Enter "https:" first, then "//drive.google.com/file/d/0ByByScxIuLjhN0h5Zks1R1REZG8/view?usp=sharing"

Has anyone done this? It appears the fitting may have a standard-size male thread at the end of it - this would leave a standard-size female fitting once removed. I figure then I would need to fit a male-to-male adapter so that I am left with a male standard fitting that I can fit the new showerhead onto.

Is it a case of just twisting the head off with a plumbers wrench? I understand that the disc/collar is part of the entire fitting

Cheers for any replies!

yes, just unscrew it. the collar is separate to the shower head, you may want to use it for the new one.
    As you say, you will be left with a standard 1/2 " female socket into which you can screw a 1/2" nipple if you need a male for the new head to fit onto, or screw the new head straight into the socket if it has a male thread,
    Be sure to use thread seal tape or hemp, you don't want the joint dripping down the inside of the wall.

If you fit a nipple try to find one that has a wide end, ie smaller diameter inside.
    The wider edge allows a flexible hose sealing washer to have a decent sized edge to seal on, should you choose to install a hand held shower instead of a fixed head.
    Last edited by Keithw; 10-02-2017, 11:28 PM.
    Food.Gems.ILS

Comment

Excellent - thanks KeithW - great advice - I will get onto it now. Si

Comment

Working...
      X