Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• logfire wall regulations

Hi,

I've tried to find the regulations governing distance and/or wall requirements for log fires....does anyone have a link as I couldn't really find anything valid.

Basically I'm wondering if I have a log fire in the corner of the lounge, can I use fyreline gib or have to have a brick (what I have now) buffer with an airgap between the wall......

Does anybody know where I should look for this info..

Thanks

Originally posted by crackennz View Post
    Hi,

I've tried to find the regulations governing distance and/or wall requirements for log fires....does anyone have a link as I couldn't really find anything valid.

Basically I'm wondering if I have a log fire in the corner of the lounge, can I use fyreline gib or have to have a brick (what I have now) buffer with an airgap between the wall......

Does anybody know where I should look for this info..

Thanks
    Each fire has its own set of specifications. I've just installed one, the specifications required that it be 25mm clear of any combustible material, including gib/framing material etc.

Find the fire you want to install and the clearances will be listed in the specifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Aston View Post

Find the fire you want to install and the clearances will be listed in the specifications.
      Yep, I didn't have to do anything to my walls, either. Just a heat shield attached to the flue. Time to go shopping!
      My blog. From personal experience.
      http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
      X